konalavadome

Moved here from the lyrics section -- Agnostic's Lament

• 3 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« on: March 30, 2019, 04:43:06 AM »
https://www.reverbnation.com/htmworksinprogress?profile_view_source=header_icon_nav

Music is from Johann Pachelbel's "Canon in D"

Agnostic’s Lament

VERSE: 
I have wondered, I have doubted.         –-    That angered you.  You yelled and shouted. 
Can’t see how it threatens you              ---   for me to wonder what is true. 
DOUBLE TIME: 
I don’t get why it’s threatening             ---    for me to question anything. 
You say I’m wrong, and I might be.      ---    I have no need to disagree. 

CHORUS: 
You call me “faithless” –  I don’t mind.       –-   I have faith, it’s just not blind.
You label me an “unbeliever.”                     ---   But, I don’t know and you don’t either. 
I’ve never been an “unbeliever.”                  ---   I can’t be sure, and you can’t either. 
I don’t pretend to prophesy.                          –-  Self deception’s still a lie. 
I believe, but I can’t be certain                     ---  I can’t see behind the curtain. 
One man’s “holy truth” you see,                  ---   is another man’s mythology.   

VERSE: 
You shout “faith” from every roof,                ---   but faith is not the same as proof.     
“Don’t question God,” you preach and shout.  ---   But it isn’t God I wonder about. 
DOUBLE TIME: 
It’s pride that goes before a fall.             –-   Pride pretends to know it all. 
I don’t know much, but I know this.      ---   Faith and Logic can co-exist. 

BRIDGE: 
You say you talk with God and Christ.     ---       And they confirm your every bias. 
I wonder, could these conversations          ---       just be your imagination?   
Absent doubt, there is no faith.                      –-        doubts are real in any case.   
Is God afraid of the doubts I’m under?        ---       Or is the fear all yours?  I wonder.       

CHORUS: 
You call me “faithless” –  I don’t mind.       –-   I have faith, it’s just not blind.
You label me an “unbeliever.”                     ---   But, I don’t know and you don’t either. 
I’ve never been an “unbeliever.”                  ---   I can’t be sure, and you can’t either. 
I don’t pretend to prophesy.                          –-  Self deception’s still a lie. 
I believe, but I can’t be certain                     ---  I can’t see behind the curtain. 
One man’s “holy truth” you see,                  ---   is another man’s mythology.   

VERSE: 
The apple I’m eating –  is simple and real.     ---    I taste it –  smell it, see and feel. 
But you can’t touch interpretations.              ---    Blind faith fears investigations.         
Unhandy truth is feared and hated.                ---     You say logic’s over-rated.
But then you claim with fevered mind            ---    That logic’s always on your side.

www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Dogmax

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:10:20 PM »
Religion sometimes has a cross road of conversation,

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2019, 10:14:14 AM »
I really like how you took one of the most classic melodies and turned it into electronic-style, and you have a really original and cool voice, that fits with the lyrics and melody well! :) 

Dogmax

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 11:36:23 PM »