Songwriter Forum > Resources & Marketing

Who has a website?

(1/3) > >>

MartynRich:
Unashamedly plugging my website at www.martynrich.com, I wonder who else has their own website and have they seen any benefit from it in getting their music to a wider audience? I set this one up for 25€...including hosting and buying the domain name. I´ve now started some small targeted promotions through Instagram to see how it goes. I have tried Facebook in the past, but I´ve been told by a social media guru that Instagram is now the place to be, with some well thought out hashtags and target audiences to get the best response. I´d really like to know what others experiences are?

pompeyjazz:
I've tried FB but I experimented and get loads more attention if I post a picture of my dogs or a sunset  ;D ;D

Andreas:
I use mostly just Soundcloud and Reverbnation per now. I have a facebook page, that I haven't had much success with, cause there is this German artist named the same as, so a lot of German fans :p Started a second IG account a few months ago, where I have posted some of my music and some pictures, but still haven't got so many followers and haven't tried so hard yet either. But, I think there is only one way to success with SoMe and that is hard work and really making an effort on marketing your accounts :) I have been working on my own professional webpage, but it is still in the planning phase!

I checked out your webpage, and it is neat, but maybe a little empty. Could have had a Nav-menu with a little bigger bio, some pictures and maybe a discography. But for marketing and reaching audiences, have you tried the promoting system Reverbnation has? or GoogleAds could also maybe be worth a shot. Everything depends on what you want to market if it is an upcoming show, your music or to sell your music/records. Facebook also has a promoting function, with a business side where you can track your marketing.

Just some few tips on the possibilities we have when it comes to marketing and reaching audiences :)

Bill Saunders:
I’ve had one in the past, and I’d like to resurrect it. I used Go Daddy and had a bunch of pages, full bio, songs, YouTubes, glossy photos of all my various stringed instruments and the stories behind them. Whether it’s worth having one depends on what you want from it. I just liked having a single source which I had full control, which I could direct people to if they were interested in my music.

If you are really trying to promote yourself seriously, then I reckon it’s social media first second and third, with a bespoke website as a bolt on.

RealKevM:
Hi MartynRich, Instagram is definitely the place to be and as long as you create engaging content and use the hashtags to your advantage and the stories feature it's a great way to get your music out there. I'd suggest having all other social media accounts too (if you haven't already) and not give up on those.
What i'm doing is pushing my social media accounts to one place - Youtube - but yours could be your website or wherever as it helps guide your followers to one central point and your audience isn't spread too thinly over several platforms like soundcloud, Spotify etc. Facebook advertising does work you just need to drill down into your demographics. There's a guy called Damien Keyes on Youtube who does amazing work on demographics, social media etc

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version