konalavadome

Best Friend

• 8 Replies

Andreas

• Solo Gig
  • Singer/Songwriter from Norway
    • Soundcloud
« on: March 25, 2019, 04:02:54 PM »
Finally got some me-time to do some recording again, and ended up with an all acoustic song, with a little soul/jazz/indie inspiration. A little away from what I usually go for when playing.

https://soundcloud.com/youngerhillsmusic/best-friend

Just in a few weeks I have been writing more songs than I usually do in a whole year, cause I write directly from my feelings and from my heart, and I have finally found my inspiration and my muse, so decided i'd write her a song. A song about love, and loving the person who's also your best friend :)

(CH)
I’m in love with my best friend
I’m gonna love you till the world ends
I never thought I could fall so deep
But now I know I’m sinking deeper than I ever believed
(V1)
My heart is open wide
Forever I’ll be by your side
Be my girl and I’ll be your man
I’ll treat you the best I can
(CH)
I’m in love, I’m in love, yes, I am ( )
I’m in love, I’m in love with my best friend (x2)
(V2)
I’ll never hurt you, I swear it’s true
There’s no one else for me but you, uooh
I’m so glad you’re always here for me
Together we fit perfectly
(CH)
I’m in love, I’m in love, yes , I am ( )
(Bridge)
I’m never gonna let you down
I’m never gonna let you go (x2)
(CH)
I’m in love, I’m in love, yes, I am ( )

Want to send a big thank you to @CaliaMoko for her feedback on the lyrics for Best Friend. Helped me a lot on the way, and made the song more complete (I think) and easier to sing, so thank you :)

« Last Edit: March 25, 2019, 05:05:57 PM by Younger Hills »

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2019, 04:54:37 PM »
Heya Mate,

Good to see you jumping into the community, making the most of what's to offer and being inspired by members here! It's truly a wonderful place and I look forward to hearing/seeing you about.

Just a friendly FYI, there are a few courtesies for posting in 'Finished Songs' to help things run smoothly as this is the most active area. Mostly 1 song at a time (2 week cool-off) and adding a bit about the lyrics/what sort of feedback you're looking for. Just helps to add clarity and ensure you get the most valuable feedback from peers

See here http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=2564.0

All the best,
Scott.

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2019, 04:59:16 PM »
@ScottLevi Damn, then I will change it up a little! Thanks for the heads-up :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2019, 08:37:05 PM »
Hi YH. There are a lot of things to like about this number. You have got a good voice and sing with a lot of emotion and feel. The structure is pretty good although maybe there is a bit too much repetition. How are you recording your songs ? It seems like it's pretty lo fi. Have you looked at using a DAW to record. Anyway, I enjoyed the listen and hope you get involved in the forum. You will find it an amazingly helpful and creative place  :)

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2019, 08:48:57 PM »
Thanks a lot for the feedback @pompeyjazz ! Right now I am using only a Samsun mic, with no possibility of recording two tracks at the same time, therefore it gets a little messy sometimes since I nearly need my guitar at the same time. I am planning to invest in some better equipment when I can afford to, so hopefully that will lighten things up :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2019, 09:02:17 PM »
Have a look at experimenting with a free DAW like Audacity @Younger Hills This will allow you to record one track at a time, tidy up any mistakes and do any overdubs you want as well  :)

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2019, 11:00:31 AM »
@pompeyjazz I have been using LogicProX and Garageband till now, but I will try out Audacity and see if that's better when I don't have the professional equipment I might need :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 10:59:51 PM »
Hi.  Your voice really sounds like Neil Young at times in this.  I like the way you reach up for the falsettos.  I think PJ gives good advice about using a DAW - would allow you to add more tracks, and allow the song to build a bit more so you can give it a clearer structure (make the chorus stand out a bit more etc).  As a first demo though, it's got a lot of potential, and there's a great tone to your voice.  Hope you enjoy the forum.  Pauly
It's all too beautiful.

Andreas

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2019, 11:08:27 PM »
@PaulyX I am honored for your positive feedback :) I am testing out different things when recording now, so hopefully, I figure out something that works perfectly. Cheers mate!

Andreas