Songwriter Forum > Feedback on Finished songs

Jason and the Aga nooms / neil connor collab

<< < (2/4) > >>

pompeyjazz:
This is just soooo laid back. It just drips atmosphere. I can see the Gitanes smoke drifting over the stage. Excellent musical backdrop and superb lyrics and that vocal delivery is top, top quality. Awesome track guys  :)

adamfarr:
So good. So much character in the vocal, and the “whisper” track gives superb texture. 21st century miscommunication tech meets 19th century culinary tech meets Greek mythological check... Jason in the punctuation! The same bird section is a beautiful progression.

Those keys just add to the Tom Waits feel. Brilliant stuff, like a hidden club in a New York backstreet that I’m not cool enough to find (except in movies).

rightly:
Really nice. Well done.

I'm not sure if I undertood what it was about, maybe with more listens.
I enjoyed it though all the way through, amazing piano. 

Skub:
Yo Neil and nooms.

Lovely lazy/jazzy intro,nooms vocals melding seamlessly with the slick backdrop.

The music oozes quality,the lyrics are a poetic mystery and I love the way they could mean what I want them to mean.

Muchly enjoyed,you pair of high bar setters you!  :)

PaulyX:
Yeah this had a great late night lounge-bar vibe... super clever, slightly cryptic but very witty lyrics and a voice really full of character.  You sing a bit like Iggy Pop talks these days.  Great arrangement of the keys too Neil.  Bravos all round for this one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version