konalavadome

(new song) You got everything I need

• 28 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2019, 06:21:43 PM »
Fab song Kev! I was really hooked by the guitar intro right from the beginning - it all took me a little back to the 80s as well, in terms of structure and melody. The production is excellent throughout and the guitar solo is melodic and restrained, perfectly fitting the mood. My only nit is I though the chorus could be even more dramatic e.g. full on strings on power chords, really ripping through it, maybe some backing vox as well.

In any case, it´s a great work of art and a great comeback. A pleasure to listen to you as always.

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2019, 07:01:55 PM »
Hi Kevin,

I've been away for ages - so good to see so many familiar faces still around and posting.
What a cracking intro. Great tone and melody. Perfect for my mood these days.
Lifts well then develops into a very tasteful solo.
Nice balance of fx on the vocals - sound rich.
Wasn't expecting it to end when it did - could have listened to more!

Lovely listen for my first track back.

All the best,

Digger

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2019, 08:15:14 PM »
Hi Kev,

As usual a great production from you.

Beautiful song, lovely melody and gripping lyrics. I always like the how you produce your vocals, they make your songs more compelling.

An enjoyable listen.

Sandeep

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2019, 08:09:02 AM »
Hi Kevin. Welcome back. We are all the beneficiaries of your new studio because   This is great. Classic Shadowfax and the production is fantastic. About as good as it can get. Sounds so slick. I like the song and the lyrics. Catchy and immersive. I also like the ending. Neat.
If I had one suggestion for mixing things up a bit, I would change the drum pattern at 3.20 to a X2 speed and perhaps a simpler beat. This would give the song a bouncier finish. Might not be your cup of tea but to my ears it might be worth trying to hear what it sounds like.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2019, 08:10:37 AM by mickyplankton »

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2019, 09:21:31 AM »
Thank you Micky..your suggestion ( to speed up the drums in the 2nd half ) has improved the track immensely... :)

@mickyplankton
@pompeyjazz
@Skub
@PaulyX
@PaulAds

messaged the above because I would really apreciate feedback on the new drums..thanks. :)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 09:37:49 AM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2019, 10:47:28 AM »
Just had another listen with the new drums @shadowfax . Great suggestion by @mickyplankton Makes a big improvement - Really driving now  :)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 02:26:35 PM »
Thank you Micky..your suggestion ( to speed up the drums in the 2nd half ) has improved the track immensely... :)

Wow. I’m incredibly flattered that you decided to try it out. I love it!!!!! You’ve actually brought the change in earlier than I suggested. Having listened a few more times I do think it’s great. Although you could have held off until 2.50 or 2.56 to make the change and it would have been equally dramatic. Either way thanks for acting on advice. It definitely is something I would recommend more of us do because little tweaks here and there can massively improve the overall flow of a song.

@mickyplankton
@pompeyjazz
@Skub
@PaulyX
@PaulAds

messaged the above because I would really apreciate feedback on the new drums..thanks. :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 04:04:46 PM »
I have to confess... I had a listen as soon as you posted the song, Kev...but despite the quality of the writing, singing, playing and production, I did think it was a little pedestrian...so I figured I'd leave it a few days and listen again...

Now I can't quite remember if I was just wrong in the first place or whether the changes to the drums have made a big difference...kicming it along really nicely...probably a bit of both 😃

Anyway...the drums sound excellent...in keeping with the rest of the track...and I do think it's been helped along greatly from what I first heard.

It was a very good listen in the first place... And it really is great to have you back in action!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 06:29:18 PM »

@mickyplankton
@pompeyjazz
@Skub
@PaulyX
@PaulAds

Yeah,good call by MickyP,the drum changes make the whole thing more punchy.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2019, 03:40:58 PM »
just to say I was here - love the drive to this one and it builds really well. So many impressive details (guitar sounds, synth bubbles, strategic drum hits). Great to hear from you again.

t.wretborn

• Busker
  • Hobby musician from Sweden.
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 06:32:44 PM »
Great! Nice build ups through the song and sweet synth bouncing at the back. Like it!

Fadow

• Busker
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 09:52:20 PM »
Yeah, great track. I really like the production. Great drums, and the interplay between the jangly and electric guitar.

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2019, 01:40:03 PM »
Hello,

It's very well done. The voice is very beautiful and you control the singing well. The composition is great with this alternation of quiet moments and more rock moments.

According to me the mix is good although I was surprised by the arrival of the drums but I got used to it. Personally, I find the sound a little too clean but it is very subjective.

This is a very interesting job!

IS
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2019, 11:49:43 AM »
Hi,

All the ingredients are here and everything is played, sung and produced perfectly but I have to be honest when I say I think the material is not as strong as some of your previous songs. It's hard to pin down why but it didn't draw me in and sweep me along as your songs normally do. Sorry old chap but honesty is my only currency.

M