konalavadome

Looking for respected songwriting contests to enter

• 7 Replies

Laup

• Busker
« on: March 16, 2019, 03:34:44 PM »
Hi

Can anybody recommend any decent songwriting contests to enter?

I have been looking at:

http://www.songwritingcontest.co.uk/

Entering competitions will definitely add another dimension to my hobby.

Many thanks,

Paul

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2019, 10:58:27 AM »
Like pompey said. There's one going on right now and there's always the Song of the Month.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2019, 08:07:28 PM »
Sadly,that's not a new member looking for advice,it's just someone with a craftily worded plug for another website.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 08:55:18 PM »
Quite possibly some numpty marketing or PR person probably thinking they are being clever. But this kind of tactic just spoils the reputation of any website that is otherwise quite popular.

If you don't know, the one quoted is a pay-for-entry competition. It has been going for years and has had thousands of entrants I would imagine by now.

Real success stories I think are rare. But that's just the nature of songwriting generally I guess. Point being, there are more commercially successful songwriters who haven't won that contest than those that have.

Of course, it is only because I have won song of the month on here twice in the last year that I am the millionaire successful songwriter that I am. Save your money and stay on here, says I!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2019, 09:00:11 PM by MichaelA »
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 10:29:59 PM »
Too right Michael. If you want honest,  helpful feedback and support,  stay in dis place. If you want to chase the invisible golden egg it is available elsewhere but you'll probably spend all your life chasing it and maybe not find it  :o