konalavadome

After exercising/working out too happy to be bothered to write?

• 3 Replies

Fadow

• Busker
« on: March 14, 2019, 11:54:39 PM »
I realised every time I work out at the gym, I am just too happy, feel strong and do not care too much about picking up the guitar and writing a song. On the contrary, whenever I don't go to the gym on my rest days, especially if it is for a few days where I just stay at home, I start feeling inspired, and it is more likely to come up with good ideas and melodies for writing songs. It is as my brain is trying to get this dopamine spike through singing/composing but after working out, there is no use as my body is already filled with endorphines. Does anyone of you have same or similar experiences?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:02:36 AM by Fadow »

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:17:54 PM »
Musicians go to the gym now?   :o

Things really have changed,in my day it was all substance abuse and death by fast food! I'd need to go to the gym to be able to go to the gym.   :D

The only thing which tends to kill my creativity is alcohol and since I'm clean these days,songs seem to appear faster than I have time/opportunity to get them to the finish line. Maybe I should go to the gym and slow things down a little!  :D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 03:07:10 PM »
Lazy times can be good too - sometimes just letting the mind wander can lead to interesting places.

I also work out with no ill effects and actually sometimes a line will come to me during the workout which is not that handy, or when cycling...

But everyone’s different. Rule 1: there are no rules...

Dogmax

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2019, 12:10:06 AM »
I guess it's the brain sending signal to wherever or whatever is active, the physical is below the mind is above, maybe that's the reason why they open the doors to rock and roll  8)

Adam is right and it has been said here many times 'Rule 1: there are no rules...'