konalavadome

The Meteor

• 25 Replies

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2019, 10:30:18 PM »
Hi Adam,
Great to hear a new track from you mate. Lots to like, lyrics fab, music nice, vocals nice. Cool little solo and my fave bit was the Accapella bit.

I thought the first verse had one too many stanzas if I’m honest. It reads fine, but I just wanted to hear something different melodically after the first two parts...I felt the pre c should have come in after “wolfs attack”.

Like I said I loved the Accapella, but I wasn’t crazy about the way/the rhythm that you sang the chorus afterwards...I would have preferred the same meter as the previous choruses. Diff strokes for diff folks and all that!😊👍🏻

I enjoyed my listens mate and I’m sure there’s a female out there writing a song about you being out of HER league!😜🎶👊🏻🎶👍🏻

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2019, 01:09:38 AM »
Hi Adam
Interesting (and quirky!) lyrics are the star for me here.
Cool zigs and zags in the arrangement too - a lot of work!
I enjoyed listening - keep at it  ;D
Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2019, 04:12:50 PM »
Thanks everyone for great comments. Funnily, I don't actually consider myself that unconventional. Though I do have a phobia against generic and pointless songs, so I'd much rather get those comments than "Nice but heard it all before".

@pompeyjazz thanks a million, especially re the solo (not my strong point!). Cherry Red and as someone said C86 are really in my music DNA.

@shadowfax I kind of know what you're saying re the phrasing but this was really the only way it sounded right to me. Thanks for listening!

@skub thanks for being always supportive - I think now I am not only getting more confident in doing things my way, but also more competent at making them sound that way too.

@PaulyX thanks for the detailed listen. On the sounds, I'm not being deliberately different, I just play until things sound right to me. It's definitely true that this works better if you know that the non-avian dinosaurs are supposed to have died out from an asteroid strike (do not assume, right?). If not, it still works but then seems even more "out there".

@MonnoDB glad you liked it, especially the lyrics which are my only talent (well, possibly BVs as well). Many thanks!

@cowparsleyman - thanks for the input. The pre/chorus vocals are quite "wet" but I deliberately tried to get a "closer" sound on the verses. Maybe too dry. Anyhow, thanks for the encouragement.

@MichaelA glad you appreciated - those verse chords are my Everything but the Girl wannabe sounds, many thanks for listening.

@mickyplankton - thanks for the really detailed review. Galaxie 500 is a good call - not deliberate but I think they were referred to as sounding like Jonathan Richman backed up by the Velvet Underground which sounds about right. I definitely come from the Dean Wareham school of vocals i.e. "making the best of what you have". The first demo for this was made in July 2018, and this is the 3rd vocal version (thankfully I replaced the Spandau Ballet foghorn version) comped together from a million takes. I don't know whether I've got the heart to go back to it! Maybe I will. Thanks for the support.

@Rightly - thanks for listening and commenting. I am strange in a more confident way these days.

@Scottlevi - thanks for the detail. Yes, noone seems to do insecure angst-ridden songs like I do! Interesting that you liked the verses best. I kind of liked stretching out the first section and having a quick revisit, just enough to end the story. Many thanks!

@PaulAds - not so long ago I would have hated being unique and unpolished but nowadays that's what I am happiest doing. (Except for lyrics, I have to polish those). Thanks for the encouragement. I'm still evolving, but probably not changing much any more.

@Martynrich thanks so much. Fair comment re the bass, I enjoy it but find it tough.

@Montydog I think our things will never really be each others' things, if you know what I mean! Thanks for taking a listen and finding some positives.

@SonnyandtheDark many thanks for the detailed comments. I'll check that cut. I did have a Strokes vibe in mind at one point. Glad you appreciated, anyhow.

@LostBoy thanks for that. I have to agree that it takes quite a long time to get to the pre/chorus - but I couldn't leave the story half way... Spot on re the final chorus, originally it was all like that and I redid them - except the last one as that worked better for and after the acapella. Thanks!

@Paulski Quirky, moi? Thanks for taking a listen - more to come for sure.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 05:05:17 PM »
Adam,
cool indie tune with its little twists and turns kept me interested with the change in chords and rhythms and interesting lyrics.
Like the solo and when you cut to your harmonies towards the end, and obviously the ending
:-)
neil 
songwriter of no repute..

Dogmax

« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2019, 10:52:39 PM »
Sorry man im not use to this lay out  8)

PRE-CH1 Brilliant but im hearing two verses rushing into it

Will listen more  8)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2019, 12:37:41 AM »
Sorry to a little late to this one @adamfarr  :-[ I love it and you've done an amazing job with the arrangement/production :)
This should be sung in musical play 8) The lyrics are excellent and I love the way you sing them and the BV's are perfectly executed :)
A well deserved nomination for March's SOTM 8)

Inanité_sonore

• Open Mic
    • Black Gift Bandcamp
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 02:20:03 PM »
Hey,

I love the way you sing. I hear some of the Velvet Underground here sometimes. Maybe you're Nico as a man  ;)

That's a really good song, great melody and sound.

I really like the end too, when everything seems to crumble.

Good stuff !

IS
IS

My project "Black Gift" :
listen the album and buy CD & vinyl :
https://blackgift.bandcamp.com/releases

Listen :
https://soundcloud.com/black_gift/tracks

Inanité Sonore Records :
https://soundcloud.com/user-24297189

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2019, 08:41:43 PM »
Enjoyed the general feel of this one musically - might take a few listens to get into the lyrics.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2019, 01:22:42 PM »
Great Tune Adam.

Love the guitars....they make the song ....almost happy😀

Love the lyrics, they have a real Indie feel

Good guitar solo in the end, the accapella section  is good too.

Enjoyable listen

Sandeep

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »
Hi Adam,

Interesting lyrics; I like the poetic quality to them - not straight in your face - "You're beautiful, but too good for me, but let's see how this goes."
People can conjure their own images from your allusions.

I like the vocal breakdown towards the end.

And what a finish.

Digger

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2019, 09:00:38 AM »
Just a quick thanks to all who listened and commented (getting a song of the month nomination got a few extra ones which is great). Channeling my inner "Nico as a man"  ;D