konalavadome

Kill With Kindness

• 6 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« on: April 20, 2019, 04:54:14 PM »
Hey ya'll,

Think this is the last re-recording (for my own low standards anyway) which has been pending for a while to complete my third 'ep'.

"Anger and Confusion", "Angst and Contradictions" and now finally "Apathy and Conservation"; hopefully the conclusion of a trio of depressing themes - signalling the start of something more optimistic.

You sometimes hear the hardest part when you're down is reaching out for help - and they may true - but that doesn't mean it's easy from there. One of the more interesting outputs from time spent with a professional is the acceptance of internal conflict; that there are different parts of your mind which act in different ways. This song is meant as a call for the stronger aspects, such as love and kindness, to stop neglecting the weaker.

I know there are many others having difficulties and it's wonderful that somewhere like this (on the internet of all places) has been a safe-haven. I know I have found strength from others, and hopefully aspects of this can do the same.

Interested on how the vocal comes across, guess it may still be considered as 'slow rap' but am starting to feel more comfortable with my own voice (thanks to nice comments xD) and like the option of slower approaches. Also used tried out my 'acoustic bass' which despite sounding wonderful during playing, losing a bit whilst recording.

ps I do try find time to leave feedback for all but never feel fully caught up. As posting material on here makes me happy I'm not letting that guilt get in the way - but please ignore this post if you feel under reciprocated.

Kill With Kindness

You kill with kindness,
Wont you hold my hand?
I'm wide-eyed your highness,
Please present your plan

I'm ready to follow wont you lead-me-along
Grab the scruff an'.. lift me up an'..
Give me love an' never leave me alone,

My back's been on the market never sought never baught
Wont you get it for me like it eats your every thought
I'll keep being me, always chewed up just from livin'
But if you just pull your weight then maybe we could make it even

I see you helping others in a sense of obligation
Wont you be so kind; and extend to close relation
'Cos Im need of your love, and running out of patience
So feed me your love, and none will be wasted

---

I've a long road ahead do not think I can handle it
So I'm reaching outward inward to rely on your companionship
I know you got in me; to carry through rancid
'Cos you'll do it for another in a blink if they'd had asked it

The darkness follows strong, you gotta' keep me past it
I feel it pulling back, like a tether from elastic,
Alone I've not the strength to fight back or outlast it
Together we are strong, we can hide fromt he casket

---

You kill with kindness,
Wont you hold my hand?
I'm wide-eyed your highness,
Please present your plan

I'm ready to follow wont you lead-me-along
Grab the scruff an'.. lift me up an'..
Give me love an' never leave me alone,

« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 04:56:19 PM by ScottLevi »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 10:10:13 PM »
Hi Scott,  You continue to knock out some fabulous innovative and original music, your lyrics are always creative and inventive and original which 99.9 % of songwriters could only dream of conjuring up. While I was playing this on SC I thought Dylan and then I saw some comments confirming that. You're a free spirit Dylan for the 21st century man  :) I can relate to your comments about asking for help so much and boy, it ain't easy, and I like you have found this forum a wonderful place to Express yourself .Keep going our kid as I might have a couple of collab ideas for you. Take care man  :)

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 10:36:31 PM »
Okay first of what is it with the small print man, i heard read you before and you have improve but what is it with the triangle room affect, sorry but like last song didn't listen to all   8)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 10:39:25 PM »
Hey Scotty, I've given this 3 spins so far and there's something I really like about it.  Yeah it's definitely got a proto-Dylan vibe in a few regards... the way you sing, the little honks on the harmonica, and lines like "I'm wide eyed your highness" are very Bob.  But it's not just derivative... there's something more more fragile and honest about it too that wins through... less ironic and arch than typical Bob, and that gives it another dimension too.  So another good track mate, it feels like you are airing something that needs to be aired but I really like the positivity of it too - "Lift me up and give me love and never leave me alone": what a great way to sign off a set off lyrics.   
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 10:55:25 PM by PaulyX »
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
Scott - great rhyming as ever. I think the elastic verse is my favourite - it just keeps coming. Some nice memorable word choices as well like "your highness", and good idea to make that a repeated section.

It's perhaps a bit more conventional in structure which works well I think.

Today's world is very extreme - we can get locked into presenting perfect external faces. I find it more inspiring and real to hear about positivity mixed with weakness and conflict, like this.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2019, 08:43:09 PM »
Lyrics are as superb and personal as ever Scott. This is a great song and you continue to have that personality in your voice which projects a great individuality about your music. I would say the arrangement needs some work, the bass doesn't do it for me at all...I would redo it. That´s my only nit though.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2019, 01:54:53 AM »
I too, get a Dylan vibe with both the lyrics and the vocals, but you have your very own style that cuts through :) Great rhyming and lyrics  :)
The acoustic bass sounded a little rumble y, but like you say it's looses something in the recording ;)
I really appreciate that you are sharing songs that are very emotionally vulnerable. It's not an easy thing to do and I'm really glad this forum
gives you a safe place to share. We're all on a healing trip and hopefully towards kindness and a more accepting society  :-*
Keep them coming Scott :)