konalavadome

Time Travel

• 4 Replies

Dogmax

« on: June 02, 2019, 08:30:27 AM »
Well would you believe it, I'm thinking electronic syfy all over the place in parts, anyway, have a lovely day you all  8)

Parallel of dreams

Corridor of curves

Journey through time

Where are you now

Stretch out point darling

Stretch out from within

Tunnel through your dreams

Where have you been

Time travel, the journey of the human mind it's mission to take control of it's own destiny to seek out new life and freedom to boldly go where no human mind has gone before

Where are you now

Journey through time

Corridor of curves

Parallel of dreams

Where have you been

©

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:32:01 AM by Dogmax »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2019, 03:37:27 PM »
This is probably just me, but the phrase "to boldly go" has always sounded backwards to me. It emphasizes "go", which is possibly appropriate, but I prefer to emphasize "boldly" by saying "to go BOLDLY" because anyone can "go" but not all can go "boldly". :)

Just my demented musings....

Vicki

PS: Plus, some folks think splitting the infinitive is a no-no, because it was taught to me (and others) in school as a "rule". The rule stands on shaky ground, though, so don't worry too much about it for that reason. Even though I personally like the rule and will go to some lengths to follow it.

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2019, 08:50:50 PM »
Thank you Vicki 

To me 'To boldly go' sounds and flows better with the rest of the sentence than 'To go boldly' of course this is all because of the opening lines to that wonderful TV show Star Trek and tbh Vicki, I think Captain Kirk would agree 'To boldly go' rather than 'To go boldly' and anyway, with a few romulan drinks 'Boldly' could sound like 'Baldy' 'To go baldy' you hear the word 'Baldy' but 'To baldy go' still sounds like 'To boldly go' even after a few romulan drinks, I think   ???

I'm slightly confuse now   :-\

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 08:07:58 PM »
Hey Pat

Yeah I hear this as a theme song to some new sci-fi TV show.
Has a nice flow and I assume the "talkee" part in the middle will be done in your inimitable style  ;D

PS - don't know what "Stretch out point" means but it sounds cool.  ;D

Paul

Dogmax

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2019, 07:13:26 AM »
Hey Paul

TV show would be nice, I'm actually working today as a extra on a TV show can't really talk about it you know what I mean (wink wink and all that contract disclosure)  ;)

The stretch out point my first thoughts on that was the closest point where two parallel meet stretch out from within tunnel through dreams, thinking dreams to me is the only form of time travel another dimension we have, as you can see Paul I've really work this one out  ;D but anyway, the real master plan is to find the winning lotto numbers so I can buy a big laboratory and build my own time machine, wait a minute, if I find the winning lotto numbers then that mean, WOW   8)

Thank you Paul and keep all this to yourself okay, I have a funny feeling that strange eyes are watching    ???