konalavadome

The Melody of Pirate Software (collab with Skub)

• 21 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2019, 12:12:09 PM »
Yeah...i really like this.

Lovely nostalgic and reflective lyrics delivered in a very engaging fashion, with Davy's cool as can be guitar walking it all home safely.

I'd probably go for "Bruce Lee" as my c64 favourite :)

Great stuff, Paul...your songs are always a real treat.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Sonny And The Dark

• Busker
    • Sonny And The Dark
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 09:10:09 AM »
I found this song really interesting, some really tasteful guitar embellishments going on and the white noise/static fx added to the overal production. One possible thing you could try on the soft singing is recording an overdub and bringing the level right down behind the main vocal so that by itself it is barley audible but will add an extra thickening texture to the main vocal. Might not work but no harm in trying!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 01:48:57 PM »
Hi,

Lovely, thoughtful and original writing matched to a gossamer melody that hooks itself into your brain. This reminds me a little of Lloyd Commotion and Prefab Sprout and, strangely Brian Ferry in the vocals. It's a very lovely thing indeed and I find it impossible to say anything negative or pass any comments on possible improvement. My favourite song from all those I've listened to today (and that's a lot)

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2019, 04:50:43 PM »
Clever song Paul.

Has hints of 60s 70s and 80.

Clever lyrics, sung well, and some excellent guitars Skub.

Definitely a song that grows on you.

Sandeep

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2019, 09:35:35 AM »
Just to say, this one has really stayed with me: "Nothing happens, but everything changes" - such an evocative chorus.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2019, 10:05:00 PM »
Heya Pauly!

First song in nearly a year? What's going on man, you've got a talent that needs exercising!

Can't be much better motivation to get involved when Skub's feeling generous :)

Usually enjoy the wacky concepts in your songs, but the fact that a 'love song' is out of sorts for you gives it an authenticity - and it's far from a straight love song - really original take. "If you can squint you can start to see" is a great line, was doing 'magic eye' with some friends (we're a cool bunch) the other day and the concept of having a clear imagine hidden behind turbulence is a great one.

Very charming feel through the whole song, definitely one for the feel-good playlists, great timings on the additional instruments, love that dreamy guitar tone and backing vocal!

Something constructive? Write more! :)

Cheers,
Scott.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2019, 01:16:41 AM »
WOW, guys! I really enjoyed listening to this song. Interesting intro. Fantastic job on the production Skub  :o I love the way the backing track builds and wains
along with the lyrics 8)
Some great lines in the lyrics and I love the vocal delivery. Brilliant guitar! Well deserved nomination for March's SOTM :)