Just an idea "The waltz song"

• 9 Replies

Dogmax

« on: March 07, 2019, 11:26:36 AM »
At the moment just an idea a mix of "The Big Country" and Custer's Last Stand the night before and a few others, it has an American south theme to it, at the moment I just can't seem to get past the first verse, damn damn I say  8)

Oh my darling take my hand

On the dance floor we'll dance

One step two step

To the tune of the waltz

Misanthropist

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 10:58:31 AM »
sorry darling it's foxtrot
I was talking tommyrot
one step two step and a glance
one step and a pecking chance?

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 03:54:55 PM »
Strange but I was thinking of a spoken American southern accent for the first verse in a male chauvinistic style, thank you I'm starting to picture the scene again although I'm worry the lady might slap me across me face  ::)

I do say I do like your style, I'm busy for the next few days so if you can get yourself a new lyric out of this idea then go for it   8)

Misanthropist

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2019, 07:30:50 AM »
Your approach is fine I was just creating a pugilistic atmosphere in other words being an idiot
Oh my darling I deserve your slap
Won't your chill out here's my lap
One step two step sit and behave
One step argh you reek of after shave

Dogmax

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2019, 02:54:27 AM »
Southern accent i'm thinking maybe val kilmer tombstone second verse you got a thirst  8)

Misanthropist

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 12:26:36 PM »
sorry I give up have fun

Dogmax

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2019, 06:52:41 PM »
This idea is just something I'm playing around with so just ignore me, I find that posting ideas is getting me to write lyrics and I know that's not the usual way but it works for me and that's the important thing, as for this one sometimes lyrics comes easier when there's a melody and that will be tried when I get back into recording but at the moment, I'm just interested in writing lyrics and thankfully that is exactly what I'm doing, keep writing keep posting enjoy and have fun, so far I am, weird as it may seem  ;)  ::)

Misanthropist

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2019, 10:38:18 AM »
you're doing fine buddy keep it up this lyrics malarkey is all about exchanging pictures with readers when I read for instance I feel like a little puppy working out where the bones are under a vast meadow full of tremulous looking stinging nettles etc if I sniff a bone I dig it have a great day

Dogmax

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 01:04:11 AM »
Hey buddy im guessing the idea of the idea is maybe early on in a world of imagination they fought on opposite sides but now they fight together, but hey how early on is whatever that   8)

Good to share thoughts with you buddy i remember this lyric section when it was buzzing   8)

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2019, 01:13:40 PM »
You've done it now! This now has to be set to a Alta time signature (well, I'm hoping it will be). There is so much to explore lyrically through the imagery of dance, music and possibly even romance.  Hope you manage to steer this into creative waters.

Paul.