You motherfucker!

You are
You are crazy
you are

You think that you're the best
Much better than all the rest
Well i've got news for.

-------------------------------------

Oh..... and i did a Donald Trump version too.

Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2019, 09:36:00 PM »
This was right up my street DWG. Up and atcha pop punk at it's best. Loved the sentiments, the great repeating riff that drives the whole song along and that funky organ solo. Done and dusted in 2:57  :) Oh, and that cowbell. Bring it back, it just adds a new dimension to the song. Excellent work  8)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 10:09:39 AM »
Loving that guitar...a proper rocking song. I really dig the verses and the whole production....especially the synth (?) solo. I think you could maybe make the chorus a bit stronger, but that´s only because the verses work well. AND, you used the word muthfucka...hats off to you for that :) Really good work!

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2019, 12:44:47 PM »
Yeah... that chorus has always bugged me. I actually prefer it in the Trump version.

Thanks guys.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 03:10:01 AM »
@pompeyjazz You gotta love a bit of cowbell!! It is there (almost) throughout.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 07:50:10 PM »
Yay!  Liked this!  Nice filthy skuzzy guitar sounds and some unusual extra touches... a seldom heard combination with that jazzy keyboard in the middle.  Nice "Ooh!" too.  Top notch indie banger! 
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2019, 12:34:46 PM »
Did not expect that - your latest have been very chanson-ish and harmonic!

This is still harmonic and has a few twists in the percussion and that synth, which make it fun but also more unique (and if there's one thing I like it's uniqueness).

Should we act our age? I think there are definitely people that should (except me of course).

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2019, 09:40:28 PM »
Cowbell is the star! Well and that chorus.. And the MOFO line.. Loved it! Great attitude and energy to you and it's catchy as hell!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2019, 09:06:44 AM »
Whato @dinnerwithgreedo - Interesting song, really lik your voice, and the arrangement ideas.

Felt you could have pushed your lead vocal a bit more, just to give it a raw edge to match the passion of the lyrics, just listened to @pompeyjazz 's County Lines - it's that kinda delivery that would work better on this one. Put another way it sounds like you're singing the lyrics, rather than feeling them.

... and maybe just a hair of verb/echo to bring it out a tad, as all good rock LVox tend to use.

Hope this helps

cpm

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2019, 11:52:01 AM »
I really love this. Maybe the style isn't that original but it sounds great. I'd back up and expand what cowparsleyman said though - the vocals are too dry. Backing vocals (especially on the chorus) would really bring it out too. Your singing style sounds a little held back ... have you tried just going for it and belting it out?

Sorry about going on about the vocals, but with slightly more zest and production on that, I would seriously listen to this regularly to get my morning moving. Well done!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 02:07:18 PM »
Yo DWG.

I hear what Bankie says regarding the relaxed vocal delivery,but for me the casual approach actually works well. I like incongruity,I'm odd that way! 

The song is amusing and entertaining,that's job done for me. I wasn't much fussed on the fuzz/fizz guitar tone,but us guitarist will argue all day over tone! It's a personal thang.  :D

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2019, 05:41:02 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback. I'm glad you like the keyboard solo. It's origins lie in my love for The Prodigy. When i wrote the song I used keyboards for that part with a real early Prodigy sound. When recording 'properly' i tried with guitars but it just didn't feel the same.... so i used jazz piano!