'Too Late' (Live 1&1 version)

• 6 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: March 02, 2019, 10:04:26 PM »
Hi guys here's a live 1+1 version of a song I wrote last year called 'Too Late' i'm after some feedback on my performance and the song please

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 11:33:12 PM »
Thank you :) I'm having a bit of a confidence crisis about my vocals at the moment. I've always accepted that my voice isn't that great but I feel it's really holding me back now. I'm super happy you have seen an improvement :)

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 09:07:39 AM »
My crisis of confidence over my vocals has lasted decades, so welcome to the club. I agree with pompeyjazz your vocals are improving.

I don't know how much consideration you give to which syllables/words to stress. To my ears some important words in the lyrics seemed to be quieter than they should be and tended to lose their impact. At least for me. Maybe you should consider writing out the words and then underlining which words you think are important. When you sing the song make them a little louder, or the other words a little softer. You should try and hit the strong words on the beat to underline their importance.

You may find putting the emphasis in the wrong place or on the wrong word interesting. Sometimes getting something so wrong teaches you more than getting it right. If you film it and play it back it might make you smile or even laugh out loud. It'd take a brave man to show that to the world though :)

Good luck.

How often do you sing at Service Station?

Keith

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 07:54:31 AM »
Oh wow Keith, amazing advice. I'm going to try what you've suggested I think it will really help!

Pres

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »
Hi kev!

Your'e great! I really liked this one.

I think it's one of your top takes,not just the vocals.
You seem  more confident strumming the guitar as well.

The guitar here sounds better than older takes.
I guess Epiphone is better than Cort :)

Keep them coming!

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2019, 05:19:07 PM »
Cheers @Dyoung the new guitar really does sound a lot better then my old one doesn't it? Thank you for watching and the positive feedback, i'm really encouraged that my vocals are (slowly) improving.