I Won The Lottery (well not me personally, but it's a song!)

• 25 Replies

Bankie

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 10:52:20 PM »
I really enjoyed it for the same reasons as everyone else. However, my dour mind would have created a twist at the end which made it clear that it was really just a day-dream.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
That's fun... a modern urban tale... made me think of early Pulp. Liked the tropical island section especially and the mentions of Hippie Lee... a nice specific.
It's all too beautiful.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 06:02:31 AM »
A great listen

Some excellent lyrics and the sentiments.

Like the sound affects and productions.

Sandeep

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »
Thanks for these last bunch of comments guys! It has done well for a song that is really just another bit of fun.

Cheers @Bankie , I like your thinking, but I am guessing you are slightly pessimistic in nature if you think the story should conclude as a dream. I prefer to let the guy win and keep his happy ending!  ;D

Hi @PaulyX , yes I do like Pulp and the Brit Pop era in general, so I cant help gravitating to that a bit in my recent creations. I don't suppose it is very 'on trend', but I couldn't be trendy if I tried tbh!  ;)

Thanks also for stopping by @Movin Flavour , nice encouragement!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »
I really enjoyed this mate! I love the melody and chord progression in the chorus especially and the whole f@ck you attitude of the lyric! Great fun as always! Excellent stuff! Your voice really reminds me of Suede...yep...not to be confused with Sade!!🤣😄🎶👊🏻🎶

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2019, 07:52:12 AM »
Good song, the lyrics made me smile :) as mentioned by John the piano is too loud, I also think it should stop during the chorus,
the pad is a bit boomy and would benefit from a frequency dip around the 200Hz mark if you don't mind me saying.. :)

nice work my friend :) very original story :) 8)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2019, 08:07:59 AM »
Echo the sentiments of the others. This is another fine song from you Michael. You have a knack for structure and melody. I also think the piano could do with a rethink. I do think it's the right backing instrument for this track. Maybe a few crashing chords in key places rather than running melodies.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2019, 10:36:01 AM »
Hi @LostBoy , yep you are right I have never been mistaken for Sade. But I don't think you could make much money out of her anymore, say if you were a Sade tribute act. I am hoping to be mistaken for Little Mix soon!  ;D

Thanks for those production suggestions @shadowfax. I am still on my self-taught elementary course on mixing matters! Cheers for the rest.

Hi @mickyplankton, thanks for those encouraging words. Yeah I will have to look at that piano though, as it has been picked up on by a few listeners now. Ta!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2019, 03:52:01 PM »
It's a great song that embodies the purity of Suede and Pulp.  I'd trim/adjust one or two of the lyrics slightly to improve the overall presentation and I'd give this a wonderful production but you have the essence right which is a unique sounding song!

Well done!

Paul

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2019, 09:56:17 PM »
I too, love the lyrical concept...some great lines and rhymes in there...made me laugh out loud  ;D
You have a unique way of putting a song together, which is a compliment and I love it  :-* You always come up with catchy melodies  :)
If one of your songs came on the radio, I'd know it and your voice :) I'd say, "hey that's my virtual friend MichealA and he's on the radio!", and that's not so far fetched MA  8)
You've got some great songs and they deserve to be heard. I'd much rather be listening to them, than what's playing these days 8)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 11:29:01 AM by crystalsuzy »

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 08:35:25 PM »
Hey thanks @Wicked Deeds , yeah one day I will be able to hire a top producer. Well that is my dream!  ;) cheers for the encouragement!

Hi there @crystalsuzy , that was a great message you wrote, really cheered me up! If I do ever get well known, well when I tour Canada I will definitely hire you as the support act. But if you ever make it first, then I bags the support slot on your first UK tour!  ;) thanks so much for your appreciation dearie!  ;)