I Won The Lottery (well not me personally, but it's a song!)

• 19 Replies

Bankie

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2019, 10:52:20 PM »
I really enjoyed it for the same reasons as everyone else. However, my dour mind would have created a twist at the end which made it clear that it was really just a day-dream.

PaulyX

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »
That's fun... a modern urban tale... made me think of early Pulp. Liked the tropical island section especially and the mentions of Hippie Lee... a nice specific.
It's all too beautiful.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 06:02:31 AM »
A great listen

Some excellent lyrics and the sentiments.

Like the sound affects and productions.

Sandeep

MichaelA

• Solo Gig
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2019, 09:43:33 AM »
Thanks for these last bunch of comments guys! It has done well for a song that is really just another bit of fun.

Cheers @Bankie , I like your thinking, but I am guessing you are slightly pessimistic in nature if you think the story should conclude as a dream. I prefer to let the guy win and keep his happy ending!  ;D

Hi @PaulyX , yes I do like Pulp and the Brit Pop era in general, so I cant help gravitating to that a bit in my recent creations. I don't suppose it is very 'on trend', but I couldn't be trendy if I tried tbh!  ;)

Thanks also for stopping by @Movin Flavour , nice encouragement!

LostBoy

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 11:36:11 AM »
I really enjoyed this mate! I love the melody and chord progression in the chorus especially and the whole f@ck you attitude of the lyric! Great fun as always! Excellent stuff! Your voice really reminds me of Suede...yep...not to be confused with Sade!!🤣😄🎶👊🏻🎶