Passengers to Love

• 22 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2019, 05:23:57 PM »
Not an issue in site from me..a good song is a good song whatever the subject..this is a LOVELY song and sang beautifully..piano is a bit loud though and a bit boomy, it's fighting with your vocal all the time..try an eq notch in the 200Hz area to clean it up which will make some space for your excellent vocal.. :)

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2019, 10:40:52 PM »
This is gorgeous @Jack Simmons - I'm a sucker for a good piano ballad and this really is very strong. Lyrics, vocals and piano all top notch. That melody line is really lovely.. Beautifully done!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2019, 02:33:36 PM »
Hi Jack,

I've come late to this. I do love a proper love song after all the satire and social commentary I've heard on here today. I also love a simple, effective melody and a simple, effective arrangement. This has everything I like together with a lovely vocal delivery and a clear, easy production. If it was me, I'd put the vocal a little further behind the vocal but other than that, it a jewel of a song.

M

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2019, 11:49:47 PM »
That’s a truly lovely track. It sounds really fragile, like it would break if you listened to it too hard. Some super imagery in the lyrics... like looking through the car window... just specific enough to make it feel real and authentic, but vague enough to keep it intriguing. And the vocal melody takes some lovely turns, like the trill run-downs you do with the word “now” for example. Special stuff going on here.
It's all too beautiful.

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #19 on: March 23, 2019, 06:20:04 PM »
A real nice listen. Everyone else has echoed my thoughts so i've noting to add.

Oh except one thing... why has no-one mentioned the line "God gave me a happy ending"?!?!

#MyDirtyMind
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Sonny And The Dark

• Busker
    • Sonny And The Dark
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2019, 10:04:45 AM »
Hi Jack the piano playing is really nice on this, I think the vocals could go up a bit or possibly try some higher harmony lines to help it cut through the mix as your voice and piano are occupying very simular frequencies. Or possibly try a frequency cut on the piano to carve a hole for the vocals to pop out of.
The lyrics are very nice too but not to be rude I would rethink the line of god gave me a happy ending... not going to explain any further!

Great song title too!

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »
Hi Jack,

I'm always love Piano ballads, and definitely love this one.

Was really getting into it and then it suddenly stopped.  Only thing I would add is a few extra bridges or solos.

But definitely a beautiful song.

A good listen.

Sandeep

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2019, 12:27:00 AM »
Really lovely @Jack Simmons  :) I love a one on one piano/vocal ballad, and you blew this out of the water with your vocals, piano and lyrics :-*
The ending of the verses are really sweet. A well deserved nomination for March's SOTM  :)