Walk-away Love

• 22 Replies

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2019, 01:56:29 PM »
Time to try out this reply-as-you-listen thing!

First off I am a sucker for synths especially at the moment so loving the intro. I am listening in headphones so might be a little coloured but that synth line sounds lovely to my ears. I would be inclined to add a harmony to it to beef it up, maybe panned in the opposite direction - not all the way through the melody but maybe halfway through.

This is a great catchy tune and goes places I didn't expect. The blues-y guitar in the choruses comes out of left-field after the synth intro - in a good way!

Great on-point vocals as always and a nice simple, catchy tune. Really enjoyed.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2019, 03:25:30 AM »
@montydog - cheers Alan - yeah the synth maybe could be swapped out. Seems to be a love/hate thing for peeps leaning towards the hate side  ;D

@mickyplankton - great feedback Micky - I'll give that track a listen. Yes - lyrics wade in the shallow end of the pool - good advice on mixing them lower. I'll have to practice my dirty swampy voice though  :D

@jacksimmons - thanks Jack - a synth fan - finally!  ;D Good advice on what to do with it (if I decide to keep it  ;D)

Thanks all for listening and commenting
Paul

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2019, 08:43:25 AM »
Have you re mixed this? because I can't hear any of the probs mentioned in previous posts..sounds like a step outside your normal zone and it's a pretty good effort ... :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2019, 10:47:55 AM »
Hey Paulski
A complete melting pot of influences on display here.
You have another vote in favour of the synth here.  :) At first I thought you’d gone all 1981 British new wave on us, which I was excited about! Then we got treated to some early Fabs-style guitars, and some 50s BVs, with a few C&W overtones thrown in too, so it was like a tour of the 50s to 80s. So yeah, very foot-tappy and fun, maybe not that ‘coherent’ stylistically if you know what I mean but that’s OK... it all fun and all smiles. It might be good to mine that synth vein though and give us a whole song of that new wave flavour (do you take requests?  :)).
It's all too beautiful.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 07:26:12 PM »
Sorry for the belated response and bump but need to thank:

@shadowfax - thanks Kevin - yeah remixed a bit to tame the synth down :)

@PaulyX  - cheers Paul agreed this strays out of its lane genre-wise. At least I avoided bluegrass hehe. Thanks for listening and commenting!  ;D

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2019, 09:58:31 PM »
Interesting tune.

Lots of energy has  an early 60s / Elvis at the Movie Feel.

I like the synth in the background, gives the song a good dynamic.

Great listen

Sandeep

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2019, 07:10:36 PM »
Hi Paul,

Been a long long time. Hope you're well.

Not sure if it's a slight departure for you - maybe you've done more tracks like this over the past months.
A little less country than way back when - though there's some in the vocal - though I got Beach Boys - Babara Ann for the outro.
I got some 80s too.
Loving the synths - you know I like to use them - so always a welcome addition to my ear.

Bounces along nicely.

Cheers,

Digger

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2019, 11:09:41 PM »
enjoyed this paulski  grew on me as i listened
it doesnt give up !
love that riff and insistent vocals
could easily imagine dave edmunds doing a cover