"Koku" Eng:"The Smell"

• 8 Replies

SoundOnTape

• Busker
« on: February 22, 2019, 10:22:17 PM »
This is a song that i wrote. I am waiting for your critics about it.

There may be mistakes but here's a traslation of the lyrics.

What should I wait for?
Where should I walk through?
While your dream is standing in front of me.

May I swim to the green?
May I cover myself with blue?
Whatever I have, to make you happy

(It's) A dream. And another dream. I may give to you maybe someday.
Will I slide from your finger to the other?
Will I freeze with the wire of your hair?
Will I fall right in front of you from the rainbow?
Will I get compassion from your eyes?

(It's) A dream. And another dream. I may give to you maybe someday.
Where are you now?
In which house is your light?
Whom are you with?
Will you look at me and smile for a moment someday again?
ClayTray.com

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »
Hi, hello and welcome.
Very nice open string, suspended chords and unusual chord patterns, I liked that a lot.  It has an airy, wide open feeling to it.
You have a very strong voice too, very comfortable in that higher register.  Although I can't understand the words without the translation, I could tell you sing them with passion.
It's a bit long at almost 6 minutes, I'd be inclined to condense it down a little.
May I ask what the language is?
It's all too beautiful.

SoundOnTape

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 01:08:42 AM »
:)
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 01:12:52 AM by SoundOnTape »
ClayTray.com

SoundOnTape

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 01:11:49 AM »
Hi, hello and welcome.
Very nice open string, suspended chords and unusual chord patterns, I liked that a lot.  It has an airy, wide open feeling to it.
You have a very strong voice too, very comfortable in that higher register.  Although I can't understand the words without the translation, I could tell you sing them with passion.
It's a bit long at almost 6 minutes, I'd be inclined to condense it down a little.
May I ask what the language is?
Thanks for the reply. It's in Turkish.
ClayTray.com

Dogmax

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 03:45:03 AM »
Hey man no defense  8) i like your style the lyric part of this forum is sometimes good for blowing of steam, check it out and grab what you need  8)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 09:56:01 PM »
This is a very different style of song. Your guitar playing is excellent and very stylistic - it reminded me a little of some Zeppelin stuff but it feels much more modern in many places. The chords changes are hugely inventive.

It has a very folk structure, with no real standout hook - this isn't a problem for me and maybe that's because of the language but some others may mention it. However, it does sound totally heartfelt. The coda is very bizarre though - musically excellent but not 100% sure it's needed. But hey, that's taste - it's your music man and you perform it brilliantly.

SoundOnTape

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »
This is a very different style of song. Your guitar playing is excellent and very stylistic - it reminded me a little of some Zeppelin stuff but it feels much more modern in many places. The chords changes are hugely inventive.

It has a very folk structure, with no real standout hook - this isn't a problem for me and maybe that's because of the language but some others may mention it. However, it does sound totally heartfelt. The coda is very bizarre though - musically excellent but not 100% sure it's needed. But hey, that's taste - it's your music man and you perform it brilliantly.
Thank you for listening. I think about the critics of other musicians.
ClayTray.com

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2019, 09:45:34 PM »
I really like this. I love Turkish music and have listened to quite a lot of it since my first visit to Antalya in 1988. I love the way that you have retained the drone chords and used some of the eastern style vocal patterns. Great work. Original and interesting