Crossfire

• 25 Replies

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2019, 05:47:45 PM »
@adamfarr - thank you!

@mikek - chronicity means being stuck with a long-term condition you can't escape from. I'm aware of the pitchy vocals but couldn't really give one  ;D I continue to work on my voice in any case.

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2019, 06:13:56 PM »

chronicity means being stuck with a long-term condition you can't escape from. I'm aware of the pitchy vocals but couldn't really give one  ;D I continue to work on my voice in any case.

yeah i'm aware of the Webster's meaning... i was just fighting with its context in the lyric.  not a bad thing, just a head scratcher for me.

and the pitchiness is not really an issue with me, just mentioning it.  i find i need reminders of my own pitch uh-ohs as when i listen to my performances over and over, i become used to how they sound, anticipating and expecting, and appreciating the flaws...but i sometimes appreciate others calling things out.  keeps me honest.

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2019, 07:34:03 PM »
Very good song.
I really enjoyed the listen.   
And the stripped down approach doesn't leave you wanting. 
Very difficult for anyone to find fault.

Well done. 
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2019, 08:58:24 PM »
HI, I really like the electric that weaves subtly in and out of the acoustic picking (especially around the 2:30-2:40 point), and the lovely suspended chord at the finish.   It sounds 'gothic' to me, I could imagine The Mission or a band like that playing this in a reflective moment during their set.
It's all too beautiful.

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2019, 03:08:05 AM »
Beautiful.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2019, 07:58:42 AM »
Great song Martyn. I like the rawness of it. Makes it more real and heartfelt. You can tell if a song is really good if it sounds good with just vocals and guitar. It's inspiring to hear it done well. Maybe one day.....

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2019, 12:13:47 PM »
Wow, this is really beautiful @MartynRich  :) Love the simplicity and space. Your voice sounds amazing and the lyrics are pure poetry.  :-*
Love the angst of this song and you sing it so well....sounds like it's coming from deep within. Lovely guitars as well. This is a winner MR  :-*

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2019, 05:59:54 PM »
All great comments, thank you. One of my favs...I’ll just have to start gigging soon

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 06:08:33 PM »
I love the lyrics @MartynRich. Clever and engaging and emotional, delivered perfectly. . And I too really like the stripped down treatment. It suits the song and the theme I think. Very very enjoyable listen.

K

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 03:18:49 AM »
Listened. No nits. This seems different from your past work. Though, admittedly I don't listen much these days (trying to work on that, as I think it may be best not to wait for life to settle down).

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 04:53:44 PM »
Hi,

Simplicity is great when the song can take it and this can. Very effective song sung with real passion. I like that it's meaning is oblique (to me) - I don't want everything on a plate on the first listen. Superb piece of work.

M