konalavadome

New Song (Lyrics Video)

• 12 Replies

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« on: February 20, 2019, 07:54:12 PM »
New song finished and with lyrics be nice to hear any feedback a tall.

Cheers

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2019, 08:20:05 PM »
Yo Chris,another N.I. homeboy here.  :)

A lovely,warm feel to the overall sound and your voice always sounds so good.

It's a nice,easy going track,perhaps the lack of a strong/memorable hook holds it back a little,but maybe that's not what you aim for.

Sweet work,man.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2019, 09:38:26 PM »
Nice laid back track Chris with some good production and your voice sounds like warm toast. Like Davy said, I think it was missing a hook but apart from that a pleasant listen

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2019, 10:20:37 PM »
Great build to this song, really collects momentum.
Very well sung, you have a great voice.
I hear what Pomps and Skub say about the missing hook, but I reckon you have all the components there... I reckon if you resang the sections starting "But its OK because it's a new day..." with a bit more welly and higher melody that'd do it.  Bit of falsetto maybe?  You've got a bit of grit to your voice that I'm sure would sound equally great when straining for the higher notes a bit.
It didn't feel like 4 and a half minutes.  Good good track.
It's all too beautiful.

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 03:49:39 PM »
Yo Chris,another N.I. homeboy here.  :)

A lovely,warm feel to the overall sound and your voice always sounds so good.

It's a nice,easy going track,perhaps the lack of a strong/memorable hook holds it back a little,but maybe that's not what you aim for.

Sweet work,man.

Thanks a lot man appreciate that.
Yes it's not the most commercial track out there just a little ballad/ lullaby ;-)

Thanks

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2019, 03:52:32 PM »
Nice laid back track Chris with some good production and your voice sounds like warm toast. Like Davy said, I think it was missing a hook but apart from that a pleasant listen

Thank you I do agree it kinda lacks a hook but we write what comes out.
I don't like to force anything too much :-)

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2019, 03:57:17 PM »
Great build to this song, really collects momentum.
Very well sung, you have a great voice.
I hear what Pomps and Skub say about the missing hook, but I reckon you have all the components there... I reckon if you resang the sections starting "But its OK because it's a new day..." with a bit more welly and higher melody that'd do it.  Bit of falsetto maybe?  You've got a bit of grit to your voice that I'm sure would sound equally great when straining for the higher notes a bit.
It didn't feel like 4 and a half minutes.  Good good track.

Cheers bud some great compliments in there.
The falsetto is a good call I've been using it more with other new stuff I'm currently writing and finishing.
Exploring the voice more thanks again.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2019, 02:07:17 PM »
Chris - the first thing that grabbed me here was your voice. It is simply beautiful. I feel almost attracted to you in a way I can't say on this forum. The vocals really deliver the message of the song.

I love the combination of acoustic guitar and piano - they really compliment each other and are superbly played. I also disagree with the comments about the hook - I spotted it myself and although subtle, a song is a song and who cares if you have to do the standard verse-chorus structure.

I wasn't keen on the drums and beat too much, I thought they were just there to fill things out without too much inventiveness about them, but they did a job. All in all though, I was hooked from start to finish - it's superb.

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2019, 06:59:15 PM »
Chris - the first thing that grabbed me here was your voice. It is simply beautiful. I feel almost attracted to you in a way I can't say on this forum. The vocals really deliver the message of the song.

I love the combination of acoustic guitar and piano - they really compliment each other and are superbly played. I also disagree with the comments about the hook - I spotted it myself and although subtle, a song is a song and who cares if you have to do the standard verse-chorus structure.

I wasn't keen on the drums and beat too much, I thought they were just there to fill things out without too much inventiveness about them, but they did a job. All in all though, I was hooked from start to finish - it's superb.

Hey thanks bud glad to hear your thoughts and that it grabbed you and kept you interested to the end, my work is done ;-) haha
I appreciate the compliments very much thanks a lot.

Killjoy

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2019, 01:04:07 AM »
Hey, I'm new here and my words are probably of no help, but I really rate this. The production quality is impeccable and the vocals are exceptionally strong. I can imagine how relaxing it would be driving along (If I could drive) with this song playing on a clear day. Good job man.

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2019, 08:32:21 PM »
Hey, I'm new here and my words are probably of no help, but I really rate this. The production quality is impeccable and the vocals are exceptionally strong. I can imagine how relaxing it would be driving along (If I could drive) with this song playing on a clear day. Good job man.

Hey thank you your words mean a lot ;-)
Glad you got the carefree vibe going on that's what I pictured when writing it driving along without a worry.

Cheers

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2019, 03:14:58 AM »
This is a great song. There was something missing for me though. And that was a female vocal during the second verse and chorus. I really think that would make this amazing.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Muso1070

• Open Mic
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2019, 01:47:48 PM »
This is a great song. There was something missing for me though. And that was a female vocal during the second verse and chorus. I really think that would make this amazing.

Hey thanks for commenting.
Totally with you I love a female harmony in songs I have done this in other tunes but just thought this one better stripped down but it would probably work as well ;-)