One Brief Moment

• 16 Replies

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« on: February 18, 2019, 04:26:27 PM »
So my computer decided to delete all my music files. There were songs that i'd finished BUT i wanted to go back and re-record the vocals (i'm never happy with my vocals).

Here is one such song. Vocals are a bit strained but this is the only version i have of this song now. I like the song though.
Hope you guys do too.

What did we do that was wrong?
Falling in love is not a crime
But now we're punished
By Butterflies
We fell in love at the wrong time

For one brief moment you were mine
A connection hard to define
A love so sudden I could cry
We fell in love at the wrong time

Don't let this go
Don't let this pass
I wanna know
If this could last

But now i face a life
Of I wonder how it could've been
For another moment with your smile
We fell in love at the wrong time.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

rightly

• Stadium Tour
  • newer Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/2rightly
    • My cloud o' sound.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2019, 12:27:58 PM »
Nice track dinnerwithgreedo. 

It sounds so familiar.
Aye love is a sweet thing (at least for a while)
The vocals are fine though I do think a harmonizing voice would fit in here, a deep one.
I wish I had a deeper voice sometimes. 

All the best.
It's either this or that, then again it might be the other. 

I can promise you a future of slow decline.

Don't eat the yellow snow

And there you have it. 

https://soundcloud.com/2rightly

https://soundcloud.com/rightly

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2019, 10:03:41 PM »
Lovely acoustic sound @dinnerwithgreedo and some lovely chord progressions. Ok, I agree it's pretty damn tough to sing in those high registers,  its been a long time since I've been able to do that. Fabulous little number, would have really suited some bv's here a d there but I just thought it was a lovely song  :)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2019, 11:08:24 PM »
Lovely track Greedo, to my ears it had a kind of oldies sweet innocence to it, and nice great old skool chord progressions and melodies... I could imagine Karen Carpenter singing it, if you know what I mean.  I dug the middle 8 in particular (as I did on your last song).  Some really nice sounding instrument choices too - the opening drums and the keyboard sounds were lush.  Yes if you wanted to polish it you could go back and make one more pass of the vocals while wearing tight trousers, but apart from that it sounded like a finished article to me.
It's all too beautiful.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2019, 11:53:07 PM »

Lovely song  ;D ;D .  As others have said.....all the boxes have been ticked ;D ;D

An enchanting sound and mood. I love the high register stuff,  smooth and comforting ;D ;D

Had a thought when listening, that a 12 string might work here.....I think it would benefit from a tad more
 bass, just to balance it out a bit.....a taste thing ;D

Well worth resurrecting......top song ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2019, 04:08:59 AM »
That was a really sweet listen @dinnerwithgreedo  :) I think the vocals are beautiful up in that high register, but we're all a little critical of
ourselves ;) Lovely melody :-* I agree some BV's would be nice here and there. Love the bridge...well I love everything about this song :-*

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2019, 11:58:09 AM »
Hi there - enjoyed this a lot. I think there is something in the progression which sounds really classic, without directly borrowing from anything obvious. Very melodic and engaging.

There was German group Münchener Freiheit in the 80s who I think had a bit of this type of sound going on (don't worry, this probably says more about me than the song).

It does sound a bit demo-ish, but just needs a 3D vocal, those extra harmonies, and maybe a bit of removal of the plectrum sound on the acoustic.

Very cool.

[Whispering very quietly - always make back ups]

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2019, 12:52:41 PM »
Hey there

Sometimes someone just comes out with a nice, easy song to listen to and this is one of those. Really nice piece all put together well and great attention to detail. Yeah you could add some BVs...it would give an extra lift in places, but I've no squabble with that.

Nice lyrical theme as well. Look forward to hearing more.

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2019, 01:25:13 PM »
Hey

I gotta say the backing track sounds bloody lovely on my monitors here. Top work there.

Vocals sounded a bit low in the mix here, but sounded great.

Think someone else said. Very easy listen. Sit back, get a beer and chill.

Very nice

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2019, 08:40:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments! I've found some of the files for this song including the instrumental version. Unfortunately not the separate tracks.  :'(

@Cawproductions
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »
It's a sweet song which manages to overcome my lack of empathy for lovesong lyrics. I get around this failing of mine by imagining it's a serial killer singing to his weapon of choice. It works quite well!  :D

I could imagine a young Michael Jackson performing this.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »
Lovely song, i'm jealous that you can sing so high (and well!)

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2019, 03:58:36 AM »
Thanks guys. Yeah, i'm not a fan of the more modern love song lyrics these days. I feel everything has been said in the past (AND BETTER).

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2019, 12:49:32 PM »
I suppose as we get older we have heard so many love songs that we feel we might well have heard it all. But love is such a primary human emotion that there will always-always be new songs about this subject, but my feeling is that they are best received by people who are in the passionate stage of romance, or else by people suffering from painful break-ups! That is probably quite a big niche, so let's keep writing 'em them.

This one has a nice melancholic feel to it with its languid atmosphere and chilled out vibe. It is unpretentiously simple, and all the better for it, as it's just a pure love song, pure and simple and so kept pure and simple by some good songwriting craft.

I thought you made a good shot of the vocals, but if you re-did it probably just one semi-tome down in register would help you sound more comfortable I would guess.

Enjoyable journey all the same!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 07:22:54 AM »
Like this, nice direct chord progression and melody.
Liking the vocals
Simple middle 8 does it job and the your straight back and ending into the catchy chorus.
Good work
:-)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..