New song i just finished before a little break in the lake district
Hope you enjoy  tony

Listen to Love Letter by Tony Mcvey #np on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.com/tony-mcvey/love-letter

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 10:12:34 PM »
Very good indie vibe to this, Tony...very much up my street. Seems to have a strong Liverpool music heritage running through it...and not many places (if any) have a greater musical heritage. You're in good company there.

Great song  :)

Ps if you put the lyrics on the thread too...I'd be singing along!
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2019, 10:16:48 PM »
Yep, great Indie vibe Tony. It did seem a little quiet though. Thought you're guitar solo single note stuff really complimened this, and yes a big Liverpool vibe la...  :)

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 07:25:52 AM »
Thnx guys! Appreciate  the positive feedback!

Pres

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 08:15:30 AM »
Great song!
Is that a direct daw guitar? Sounds real pro.
the best electric tone in here.

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 08:23:38 AM »
Great song!
Is that a direct daw guitar? Sounds real pro.
the best electric tone in here.
yeh bud  direct too daw through line6  interface    thnx btw!

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 12:36:23 PM »
Good song, fine melodic chorus and interesting guitar sounds.

The production is a bit low on the old volume side and could do with a boost, that's the one main thing I would tweak. Cheers!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 04:12:08 PM »
Catchy chorus.
Volume is way too low on it. Almost blew my speakers when the next song played  ;)
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 05:33:37 PM »
Catchy chorus.
Volume is way too low on it. Almost blew my speakers when the next song played  ;)
cheers for the feedback  i have tried about 5 times replacing the track with louder versions  it seems fine my end but people do say its still low   i have just replaced it again so dont know if its any better your end....tony

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2019, 05:56:31 PM »
Much better... i mean louder. ;)
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2019, 06:36:42 PM »
Really liked that, definitely my kind of track.  Love a bit of uplifting indie.  The guitars are super tight.  The solo is top too, made me think of Suede a bit.  I like the structure of the track a lot and the chorus is distinct with a nice step up in pitch for the melody.  Very good stuff.
It's all too beautiful.

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2019, 06:59:42 PM »
Liked it a lot, good drive and good catchy chorus.
You should post the lyrics though, even if they're not the highlight, people round here like to read them...!
Poptastic.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2019, 10:05:16 PM »
Yep. The volume is sorted now  :) Your vocals need to come up a bit especially in the verse imo. The majority of vocalists hate hearing their voice. It's so weird hearing yourself singing and personally I find it quite embarrassing at times. However you have got to use that unique instrument that you have and that's one of the big things that you have to make your songs unique.  So embrace the fecker. Sing it loud, sing it quietly,  just sing. 99.9 % of the population wouldn't have the balls to do it so good on you man, la  :)

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2019, 06:48:42 AM »
Yep. The volume is sorted now  :) Your vocals need to come up a bit especially in the verse imo. The majority of vocalists hate hearing their voice. It's so weird hearing yourself singing and personally I find it quite embarrassing at times. However you have got to use that unique instrument that you have and that's one of the big things that you have to make your songs unique.  So embrace the fecker. Sing it loud, sing it quietly,  just sing. 99.9 % of the population wouldn't have the balls to do it so good on you man, la  :)
  cheers laa

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2019, 07:36:02 PM »
ah i found something i can provide some feedback on! cool tune.  this is so reminiscent of 80s stuff like The Bolshoi!  i dig it.  please post the lyrics.  i'm hearing challenged and i cannot make out most of the words... though i did pick up the nice hook line 'like our old love letter'.