konalavadome

Now We Stand Together

• 0 Replies

Dogmax

« on: February 14, 2019, 12:30:39 AM »
This is long but it's a song, thanks

Now We Stand Together

On foot petrol in a field has no feeling for me, or my best friend Billy
Billy and me we grew up together back streets of our home town they were wild times, me and my best friend Billy
Billy looks back and smiles I wonder what going through his mind probably wild times, that's my best friend Billy
Billy steps on a land mine blows him twenty feet to smithereens, my best friend Billy

Billy I'm running a voice shuts out "get down you fool" but what about Billy
I'm crawling in a hole looking for Billy, finding pieces of Billy
Looking to the clouds, crying out loud, Billy

They gather Billy up in a body bag place him in a wooden box then sent him home, me and my best friend Billy
At the airport I see his wife and child tears in her eyes she puts her arms around me, I wish I was Billy
Billy parents they cry the rest hangs their heads in silence, for my best friend Billy
Billy I looked at your child I see your eyes and I'm taken back in time, those wild wild times

The bugler plays the last post as the coffin rolls from the plane with what remains, of my best friend Billy
But I'm still crawling in a hole looking for Billy, finding pieces of Billy
Looking to the clouds, crying out loud, Billy

Hey Billy come with me I'll show you the back street's where I used to roam
You see Billy I'm from the land that has no feeling for you, why didn't you stay at home Billy, where you belong

I grew up surrounded by your people Billy surrounded by your soldiers
I watched them dragged my father out of bed beating him on the head I was just a kid Billy, I grew up hating you all

Now We Stand Together Billy we watch our family cry and we hear them ask why, did we have to die
I was shot dead by one of your soldiers Billy it was either him or me, I guess he was lucky eh

We're at peace now Billy but for how long, hopefully for ever eh
One last thing Billy before we go

I planted the land mine