konalavadome

What a feeling

• 6 Replies

RAVANPREET KAUR

• Busker
« on: February 09, 2019, 11:13:29 AM »
I re-recorded this song that I wrote. Please give me reviews.

https://soundcloud.com/user-823205343-239798303/what-a-feeling

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:12:13 PM »
I really like the composition.
It does sound like your shouting though. Maybe try singing quieter (let the mic do the work) and that may help you reach some of the notes you're going for.
Or just drop the key  ;)
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 10:33:48 AM »
I like the lyrics and concept, but I do agree that you should sing it in a lower key. It seems to be a bit high for you.

Would love to hear what it sounds like in a lower key!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2019, 11:42:00 PM »
Hi, yep I agree with the other reviews here... sounds like a good powerful song that could be a real celebration, but you’re probably working your voice too hard on it -too high and too shouty. Take it down a couple of semitones and relax into the delivery, maybe even slow it down a bit. Could be a great track.
It's all too beautiful.

RAVANPREET KAUR

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2019, 08:57:22 AM »
Thank you everyone for your opinions.  I 'll try to improve my recording.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 02:14:09 PM »
You're exactly the type of songwriter who should be here Ravenpreet. Stick around, do some reviews and keep posting your songs. Your recording, production and songwriting will improve - you'll get plenty of help here.

This song is a good start but I share other comments about the key - please sing it lower. Also, some of the sounds are a bit overloaded which make the final product a little muddy. Record at a lower volume and push up the levels in the mix. You've got the basic structure of the song spot on but you could do with tightening up the rhythm of your singing so the verses and choruses stand out better. Don't forget to post your lyrics as well.

Great start and keep going.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2019, 02:33:00 PM »
It's quite an idiosyncratic composition alright, but certainly not lacking in charm.

My comment for improvement, or indeed on starting your next song, would be to try to add a bit more variety and development to the composition. This one does tend to stay on a similar level throughout, and it would benefit from some added interest.

But nice effort and keep on going!
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860