County Lines

• 15 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2019, 08:06:50 AM »
Thanks all for all of the invaluable feedback as usual

@PaulAds Cheers Paul - Definitely a nod to The Clash in there  :)

@shadowfax Yep, it's a raw old fish this one, onwards as you say

@MartynRich You're far too kind Martyn - Glad it hit the spot

@Skub Cheers Davy, I think with vocals, (as with everything) the more you practice the more confident you become. I'm glad you liked the raw edginess

@PaulyX Thanks Pauly - Thought it would be a good album opener. I love to experiment with these little riffs here and there

@Sonny And The Dark Much appreciated. Glad you thought I managed to capture the "spirit"

@adamfarr Thanks Adam, I wanted it to feel tense and slightly edgy so hopefully I've achieved that

@MonnoDB Thanks Karen - Fortunately I always seem to have some ideas knocking around for a theme for a song, just life observations really

@MichaelA Yeah, I love messing with layered riffs. Can take you to some unexpected places

@cowparsleyman Hi Rich - I don't think I changed the lyrics as this one has been complete for a couple of  months, but hey, who knows - Maybe I did  :)

@montydog Sorry for breaking your speaker Alan  :) You're quite possibly right about the vocals getting drowned sometimes. I appreciate your feedback even though it's not your thing

@mickyplankton See what you're saying about the melody Micky - Anyway, I'm quite happy to take 8/10  ;D

@Neil C Cheers Neil - Glad you thought I captured a live feel

@Movin Flavour Thanks Sandeep - I've got some DVD's of various series of The Wire somewhere that I never managed to finish. I'll have to dig them out - Appreciate your review

Thanks All  :)