konalavadome

Punch & Judy Show

• 21 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2019, 12:15:38 PM »
Hi @crystalsuzy! Thanks for this, but I never really thought that Punch & Judy might not be famous all around the world! That'll teach me, but glad you looked it up!  ;) Glas you enjoyed it too.

Thanks @mickyplankton, nice one. All the instruments are done on synth. I recorded this one just on my ipad and some of the synths are simply tweaked defaults within Garageband. On top of this I used a synth app called Synthmaster Player. I have to admit I am pretty basic on the recording and production front!

Cheers for that appreciation too @macker71165
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2019, 05:09:54 PM »
Love it. Just funny enough and just serious enough. A little Peter Gabriel in the vocal I'd say too.
Great song, brilliantly realised. Again. Marvelous stuff.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2019, 01:11:07 PM »
Hi thanks Adam @adamfarr , that's very kind of you. I wish I could really sing like Peter Gabriel though. But I am quite OK with flattery too!  ;D  ;D  ;D Ta very much!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2019, 10:33:39 PM »
Yeah that was cool, a warped fairground ride of a song.  Clever clever observational lyrics, very well executed and grin inducing.  It is weird (and funny) how violent childrens entertainment can be, eh?  And nursery rhymes too.  I mean, take "3 Blind Mice".  They're already blind... and then they get their tails cut off!  And the "rock-a-bye-baby" falls out the tree to almost certain doom.  Horrific... no wonder we all grow up traumatised. :o
Bravo on a great track.
It's all too beautiful.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2019, 09:07:18 PM »
Oh, poor old Mr Punch, such an outsider in the modern world  ;D

I loved this, it's great fun from start to finish and the lyrics are great. I laughed out loud at the "I can't smack her round the head" line. Really nice production that suits the song - all very well put together. Luvvly.

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2019, 02:27:34 PM »
Thanks for that @PaulyX. I think you are onto a whole new song topic there, ie the darkness in nursery rhymes too! I think it's all good preparation for a tough world myself, but like Mr Punch I am probably a dinosaur!  ;)

Cheers also @MartynRich, some of the best songs, books and movies are about outsiders after all, so maybe explains why Mr Punch still gets by!

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2019, 12:18:16 PM »
Wow,

What a witty, clever and funny song. Brilliant musical setting and arrangement. Great subject and some lovely lines/rhymes. Loved the way you managed to rhyme crocodile disinfected. Original and full of wonder.

M