konalavadome

hole in my head

• 7 Replies

mikek

• Open Mic
« on: February 01, 2019, 05:14:46 PM »
happy february everyone

this is a quirky, short toe tapper i originally wrote quite some time ago, but just never got around to recording properly.  its quite a departure from most of what i've shared here in the past, basically a nonsense song of silliness.  sometimes, at a song writer night, if the audience seems to be drifting a bit, i'll pull this one out of the closet to wake them up.

https://soundcloud.com/bonanzalunchbox/hole-in-my-head-1

there's a hole in my head gets bigger all the time sittin around thoughts just fallin about the things you said that made me quiver and shake don't know if i can trust myself aooo aooo it seems we just get started and its time to say goodbye maybe we could get together another time ... ... ... ... it seems we just get started and its time to say goodbye maybe we could get together some other time there's a hole in my head gets bigger all the time sittin around thoughts just fallin about

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 05:32:45 PM »
Just listened X3 times. Brightened up a dreary train journey. Thanks Boss.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:11:57 PM »
Great listen man. Really cheered me up. Hearing touches of Neil Young vocal wise and loved the scratchy guitar interludes. Top work man  :)

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 10:49:19 PM »
A toe-tapper for sure. Very engaging tune.. and then it stops - I kinda like that actually.. I really like the lyric but most of all I love the vibe of it.. One note - I know next to nothing about production but I do know when I demo I tend to DI my acoustic and it sounds like yours here - I'd be tempted to mic it instead.. Of course, I could be wrong in my assumptions... Really great tune @mikek

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 11:22:16 PM »
Thanks all! Glad you like it.

@MonnoDB wow good ear. Yep busted me. I usually do Mic my acoustic but I was lazy with this one. Haha. I figured I didn't need a real lush tone for this tune.

fischermans

• Platinum Album
  • most other people find me suspicious
    • This is my band and me.
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 10:56:54 AM »
Cool one and very short. I like it and I also like the abrupt end. Could be song Nr1 on a LP.
Alexander
My band and me live in Eupen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp_SGRMve1M&feature=youtu.be
><(((°><°)))><

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 02:44:51 PM »
Yo Mike.

It's cool to hear something sounding lighthearted,we can be a miserable bunch!  :D

It would make a fine album ender,leave on an up,kinda thing.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 10:37:36 PM »
"besically a nonesense song of silliness" - Got me on board right there, something purley inteded for joy usually acheives imo.

Can see why it gets the crown up, super fun, and some great instrumentation to make the breaks really shine.

Great listen, cheers!

Scott.