konalavadome

Old Man

• 2 Replies

Dogmax

« on: February 21, 2019, 11:03:29 AM »
There was a old man who live down the road in a cottage in the valley below

He was a quiet old soul never said a word wouldn't even know no one ever said hello

Then one day these words he says "will you be the keeper of the cottage"  "why are you going away"

Now I'm the old man who live down the road in a cottage in the valley below

Hello   :)

In the forest one night there was a cry that woke me from my sleep

Old Ben me dog lifted his ears then lay his head on me feet

Sounds like the banshee we won't go looking cause we could end up dead

So I said a little prayer and me and old Ben, we went back to sleep

Goodnight   :)

There was a old man who live down the road in a cottage in the valley below

He was a quiet old soul never said a word wouldn't even know no one ever said hello

Then one day these words he says "will you be the keeper of the cottage"  "why are you going away"

Now I'm the old man who live down the road in a cottage in the valley below

Hello    :)

Okay let's slow it down a bit

The old man return but first he knocked on the door I felt the cottage move never felt that before

I kinda new as I open the door and old Ben he growl to let me know as he lay ready on the floor
« Last Edit: February 23, 2019, 03:04:59 PM by Dogmax »

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2019, 04:33:55 PM »
Hi Dogmax - I have to confess that in the past I've found some of your posts confusing, but this is a great concept and I'd really like to see this become a fully fledged lyric. Any plans to work more on it?

Dogmax

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2019, 09:33:17 PM »
Thanks Adam yes i can be confusing i usually post the first thing that comes into my head but thanks for your thoughts on this i added a few more lines i only started writing the old man this morning, i'm liking the way the words flow so there's probably more lines to come, your post is much appreciated Adam thanks again   8)