konalavadome

Aching

• 7 Replies

Williamjohnsmith

• Busker
« on: January 30, 2019, 10:00:38 PM »
I’m not really sure if this is finished or not so I’m posting in here  , I kinda like it this short it’s got impact that way . But maybe it could be twice as long?

https://soundcloud.com/user-602168004/aching

All feedback welcome :)

Lyrics :

Is it aching?
You said I can’t feel anything at all
I said snap snap snap snap
Don’t you try and break the mould

Are you comfortable in your skin?
Drugs to make you thin
And were you watching the tv while I was getting high?
Or were you ignoring that I was getting high

Your bad graffiti and bad tattoos
And my cocaine
And working out working out working out
Doomed

Well let it be violent
Let it be violent
Let it be violent
Let it be
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 10:54:23 PM by Williamjohnsmith »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2019, 10:44:37 PM »
I liked it but there was a kind of sound in the background like you were frying bacon at a ferocious heat. That usually ends in disaster for me. You have some interesting work man. It would be interesting to hear what you think of some of the other songs on the forum  :)

Williamjohnsmith

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2019, 10:56:19 PM »
Hey @pompeyjazz ! thank you, I have re uploaded with out the hissing noise now, was an effect on one of the vocal tracks that I thought sounded cool and lo fi but realised it might be distracting for some people.

and I will make sure to leave some feedback over the next couple of days, I have heard some great stuff! (:

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2019, 09:26:34 AM »
Whato @Williamjohnsmith - Really like this, 

maybe reduce the crackling noise at the beginning and end, I think it really works, but j

Would have liked to have heard the punchy kick drum a bit more, like the heartbeat that's going to finish soon, you could put an heartbeat fx under the crackling noise at the end, and then stop it before the noise finishes.

Doesn't need to be 2x long, short and sweet, and brilliant.

Great Vocals too, everything fits nicely.

Dig it William/Virginia

Hope it helps

Williamjohnsmith

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2019, 01:13:02 PM »
Thanks for the great feedback @cowparsleyman
Very useful

I will definitely play around with this heart beat idea , such a good idea thank you!

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
I really like this, it all sounds a bit tinny to me but I can hear a decent song here.

Doodles

• Solo Gig
    • Soundcloud Page
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2019, 07:34:06 PM »
Hey it's raw and that might put some people off, especially the loud and tinny sound at the beginning... but personally I love it. For me the raw, old-style radio sound adds to the appeal. The track has a catchy energy that gets me and makes me want to listen on... and I'm really pleased I did. Bang! how it explodes at the end!! Reminiscent of Nirvana. Love it!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2019, 10:24:53 PM »
That’s really rather special and very much my cup of cha. It’s a shade unhinged, which is great. Top notch explosion towards the end. Sinister lyrics work a treat and I liked the no-nonsense tempo. Impressive stuff, channeling the ghosts of the Smashing Pumpkins and Radiohead. I’d like to hear more of your stuff.
It's all too beautiful.