How Did You Know?

• 6 Replies

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« on: January 14, 2019, 02:57:54 PM »
This is one of the first songs I ever wrote a long time ago now though I finished the last two verses last year and recently changed the rhythm of the strumming to mix things up a bit. Please let me know what you think to the song, i'm planning on recording it later this year probably keeping it really simple with just two guitar tracks, bass and some percussion.

How did you know exactly where I was going
How did you know there was no way of knowing
I guess you followed me when you said you don't believe
and when I reached the top only then you thought you'd stop

How I know exactly where you were going
How did I know there was no way of knowing
Wish I could turn back time, stop the clocks and you'd be mine
Take back the things i'd done but all that it's been and gone

How did we know exactly where we were going
How did we know there was no way of knowing
Look how you ended up no excuses and no luck
Now you're just a memory living on inside of me

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 06:07:41 PM »
Hi!

It'a always a great joy to find gems in earlier material!
I think your song has many qualities. It has a lot of drive, but I think it misses a strong and memorable phrase.
Maybe something that puts the lyrics in another light. Right now it more of a one message song. I'm not suggesting a bridge, coz that might set this directed force off it's  course. But some sort of alternate perspective might make the lyrics more memorable.

All the best,
Martin

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 07:10:49 AM »
Hi Martin, cheers for having a watch, hmm you could be on to something there, thank you :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2019, 05:02:11 PM »
Hi Kev, nice to hear this one, your playing is improving, that is your timing of vocals to strumming is much tighter..

Really dig this song, you are a very talented writer, I'd look at practising your middle 8/ bridge sections, sometimes you can use another song for this,

Nice work Kev.

Rich

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2019, 09:45:07 PM »

Hi Kev,

This is a top song my friend.  Playing and singing at the same time 'aint easy ;D ;D
 But you're familiar enough with your guitar not to have to focus too much on your playing,
 so I would suggest closing your eyes ;D ;D ;D .  Seriously. I always find it helps to focus
 on what and where you are singing, in relation to what and where you're playing.  It also
 helps you to 'feel' what your singing better as well.  You have a distinctive and confident
 vocal.....I'd like to hear you hold a note longer though ;D ;D .  On second thoughts...forget
 everything I've just said.  What do I know, I haven't sung anything for years ::) ::)

I can easily hear this song with a bigger production.  It's a nice progression and lends itself
 to a good build......nice outro btw ;D ;D ;D

Excellent work old chap

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 09:23:27 AM »
Hi Kev, nice to hear this one, your playing is improving, that is your timing of vocals to strumming is much tighter..

Really dig this song, you are a very talented writer, I'd look at practising your middle 8/ bridge sections, sometimes you can use another song for this,

Nice work Kev.

Rich
Cheers Rich, very encouraging! I do seem to lack a bridge/middle8 in a lot of my songs don't I! Something for me to look at

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 09:24:36 AM »

Hi Kev,

This is a top song my friend.  Playing and singing at the same time 'aint easy ;D ;D
 But you're familiar enough with your guitar not to have to focus too much on your playing,
 so I would suggest closing your eyes ;D ;D ;D .  Seriously. I always find it helps to focus
 on what and where you are singing, in relation to what and where you're playing.  It also
 helps you to 'feel' what your singing better as well.  You have a distinctive and confident
 vocal.....I'd like to hear you hold a note longer though ;D ;D .  On second thoughts...forget
 everything I've just said.  What do I know, I haven't sung anything for years ::) ::)

I can easily hear this song with a bigger production.  It's a nice progression and lends itself
 to a good build......nice outro btw ;D ;D ;D

Excellent work old chap
Thank you so much mate! Yeah took me a LONG time to be able to play and sing at the same time!