The Circle Of Insanity!

• 55 Replies

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »
Hi Suzy,

what a way to start a Sunday morning, your song's one of the reasons I don't have a mobile phone, a very funky (in the English meaning of the word) song,

Keith

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2019, 12:19:17 AM »
Wrote you a long response. . . and it timed out on me.  I'm not sure if that's the new forum, or something in my computer. . . but lately, I haven't been able to leave anything here that took any time to think through and type. 

I'll re-do it later.  Past my bedtime now.

Hey HTM, Thanks for taking a listen and I'm really sorry that you took the time to write a long review and then it disappeared :(
That's happened to me a few times and it's so frustrating, but I hope you at least, enjoyed the listen  :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2019, 12:22:02 AM »
Really good.
So much creativity, I was reminded of Zappa.
I was drawn in at the beginning with that first tempo change. 
The rest of the song is fun with concise insightful lyrics   
I like the guitar solo. 

Well done.
Thanks so much for the Zappa comparison @Rightly  ;) I've had that one before, so it must be true ;D
Glad you it found it fun and liked the guitar solo :)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2019, 12:25:17 AM by crystalsuzy »

Dogmax

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2019, 12:43:28 AM »
Nice one  8)

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2019, 11:13:23 PM »
Does breaking away form the song format for so long, add or take away, and does the guitar solo add anything to the song?

Made me laugh for the first part when reading I thought "almost definately it will add" and then the second part "do you need to ask??" Odd structure and potentially out-of-plce guitar solo's appeal to the inner rebel, and urah to that!

Great rhythm to the lyrics, reading before listening the first line made me read it in darft-punky way, until the chorus  which leads more dark longer lines, then thought maybe a slow rap.. Sorry just babbling, but interesting how the rhythm feels natural however reading.

And haha no wonder they read like that, you do a few different things, and it's fantastic! Jesus!!

What a great lesson is composition and production, if I even had the imagination to create such a wonder; the execution would be lightyears away. How the heck??

For once I do have something constructive though, crank that solo up! :) Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Cheers,
Scott.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2019, 12:56:30 PM »
Hi Suzy,

what a way to start a Sunday morning, your song's one of the reasons I don't have a mobile phone, a very funky (in the English meaning of the word) song,

Keith

LOL, Keith! I hope you meant that in a possitive way ;D ;D I like that you found it funky in an English way :) :)

Nice one  8)

thanks Dogmax and welcome back :)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #51 on: February 05, 2019, 01:04:24 PM »
Does breaking away form the song format for so long, add or take away, and does the guitar solo add anything to the song?

Made me laugh for the first part when reading I thought "almost definately it will add" and then the second part "do you need to ask??" Odd structure and potentially out-of-plce guitar solo's appeal to the inner rebel, and urah to that!

Great rhythm to the lyrics, reading before listening the first line made me read it in darft-punky way, until the chorus  which leads more dark longer lines, then thought maybe a slow rap.. Sorry just babbling, but interesting how the rhythm feels natural however reading.

And haha no wonder they read like that, you do a few different things, and it's fantastic! Jesus!!

What a great lesson is composition and production, if I even had the imagination to create such a wonder; the execution would be lightyears away. How the heck??

For once I do have something constructive though, crank that solo up! :) Looking forward to the rest of the series.

Cheers,
Scott.
thank you for such a lovely review @ScottLevi  :) I'm humbled to think that one of my songs could possibly be any kind of lesson, other
than what not to do when arranging/producing a song ;D
"How the heck??"...I have no idea ;D
"crank that solo up!"...that I can do :)

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2019, 07:40:41 PM »
Always loved your stuff Suzy and this is a well deserved bump - I love the changes, melodies, sound effects and all the unexpected twists and turns we´ve come to expect to you. I love how you make our death and destruction sound so happy - it´s good to see you´ve got a sense of humour about it.

That middle section flies in out of nowhere and is an experiment in insanity in itself - it works though. I don´t know what to say about the guitar solo - it´s certainly well composed and played, so it fits in that respect, but you could maybe put a slight twist on the sound rather than have a standard rock feel about it - I think it would fit better with the rest of the song and your style in general.

Added to my favourites and can´t wait for the rest  ;D

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2019, 11:53:54 PM »
I enjoyed this a lot.
Great lyrics. I love a song when it's starts off as one thing and morphs into another.
The only thing i would change would be NOT to go back to the original verse/chorus structure. I'd end after the different bit coz the guitar solo flies and would be good to end on it.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #54 on: February 17, 2019, 04:25:00 AM »
Always loved your stuff Suzy and this is a well deserved bump - I love the changes, melodies, sound effects and all the unexpected twists and turns we´ve come to expect to you. I love how you make our death and destruction sound so happy - it´s good to see you´ve got a sense of humour about it.

That middle section flies in out of nowhere and is an experiment in insanity in itself - it works though. I don´t know what to say about the guitar solo - it´s certainly well composed and played, so it fits in that respect, but you could maybe put a slight twist on the sound rather than have a standard rock feel about it - I think it would fit better with the rest of the song and your style in general.

Added to my favourites and can´t wait for the rest  ;D

Thanks so much for your kind comments MR :) thanks for recognizing my sense of humor  ;D
Nice to hear the middle section worked for you...I never know if it's gonna fly with listens  ::)
I think you might be right about the guitar solo, so I've been trying different effects, so thanks ;)
So glad to see you're back at what you love...what we all love :) 

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #55 on: February 17, 2019, 04:29:05 AM »
I enjoyed this a lot.
Great lyrics. I love a song when it's starts off as one thing and morphs into another.
The only thing i would change would be NOT to go back to the original verse/chorus structure. I'd end after the different bit coz the guitar solo flies and would be good to end on it.
Thanks @dinnerwithgreedo...I'm glad you liked how it morphs ::) I was wondering if I should go back into the chorus after the morphed section :-\