If you can write songs...

• 19 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2019, 04:41:20 PM »
Hi!

I think Adams post draws it out pretty clear. This competition is open to a great deal of interpretation . That's mainly why I choose not to call it a competition (also I think the term 'quest' is a bit underrepresented in this forum).
In my opinion you'll mostly be competing with your self. Using a sand-box environment inside the Forum to set aside some of the sometimes work-like songwriting and be able to focus on more creative writing with the added opportunity of getting a substantial amount of feedback.

All the best,
Martin

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 12:57:48 AM »
If we're trying to get the creative juices flowing and get as many songs entered as possible, can we also enter a solo song as well as being involved in a collab? I know this has been allowed in the past  :)

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2019, 10:10:06 AM »
Hi suzy!

I've thought a bit about that myself. I think every member should be able to post an entry, and it will get very complicated if a collab has to have one member as it's founder counting that as their entry and the co-workes(couldn't find any better word) to post one entry of their own.

I suggest collabs entries to fall into their own category in the entry process. A collab will not be counted as an entry made by one member. Though this might make the voting process a living hell.

Any thoughts Adam @adamfarr ?

Martin

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2019, 11:47:54 AM »
Each member should be able to enter 1 solo plus as many collaborations as they wish. Same rules apply though, none of the colaborators can vote for any entry they're in (but we give them extra points as a head start).

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2019, 12:20:57 PM »
@adamfarr I fully agree. I suggest we'll post the exact functions of the scoring system about two weeks before the end of the contest simply to avoid creating a system with a load of unused featuress. If you could dig a system from a previous comp it might be all we need.

Members who have hosted earlier competitions and found the voting calculations a breeze, feel free to send me a PM.

Martin