What Might Have Been

• 17 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 12:06:28 AM »
Thanks the portrait piano. You're too kind. I really appreciate that you like it.

Thanks RealKevM. I agree with you about Keith's bass and production. He's funky.

Micky, I think you might be right about making it faster/bouncier.  I might experiment with that. It's maybe lacking a little oomph. Maybe it's too slow.

Thanks Scott! The LP came and is everything I hoped for. Glad you like this song. Always appreciate your words of support!

Thanks again, everyone,
Lynn

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
I love this long extra assured chorus melody line @redrhodie , they don't write 'em like that anymore. Shame, cos it's great!

The instrumental break is quite a surprise as it breaks out of the retro vibe, but is so well done. As the song goes on and the backing vocals take a bigger part you've created a great soundscape and quite a melodic joy.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this, whatever genre it may be - who knows - but definitely a fab listen!  ;D

My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
The backing vocals on the first half of the song have a cool Linda McCartney vibe.  :D
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)