What Might Have Been

• 17 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 12:06:28 AM »
Thanks the portrait piano. You're too kind. I really appreciate that you like it.

Thanks RealKevM. I agree with you about Keith's bass and production. He's funky.

Micky, I think you might be right about making it faster/bouncier.  I might experiment with that. It's maybe lacking a little oomph. Maybe it's too slow.

Thanks Scott! The LP came and is everything I hoped for. Glad you like this song. Always appreciate your words of support!

Thanks again, everyone,
Lynn

Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them.

Rock on!

https://soundcloud.com/user-468459034

MichaelA

• Open Mic
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 12:31:25 PM »
I love this long extra assured chorus melody line @redrhodie , they don't write 'em like that anymore. Shame, cos it's great!

The instrumental break is quite a surprise as it breaks out of the retro vibe, but is so well done. As the song goes on and the backing vocals take a bigger part you've created a great soundscape and quite a melodic joy.

Yeah, I really enjoyed this, whatever genre it may be - who knows - but definitely a fab listen!  ;D

dinnerwithgreedo

• Solo Gig
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2019, 01:00:38 AM »
The backing vocals on the first half of the song have a cool Linda McCartney vibe.  :D
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)