My first song online

• 11 Replies

Plastik_musik

• Busker
« on: January 25, 2019, 09:09:41 AM »
Hi guys

This is my first song on soundcloud, let me know how I can improve!

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-676336473/as-the-atoms-are-torn-from-each-other

[Plastik - ‘As The Atoms Are Torn From Each Other’]

Thanks

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2019, 02:02:00 PM »
This is REALLY great. Your first song? Wow. I love it. I didn't know what to expect by the long intro, but I'm glad I gave it a chance. It's really cool, excellent playing, understated and beautiful singing. Please post the lyrics. I just listened to the sound of them, and not the meaning behind the words (and you probably won't get many reviews without them).

I see you're new here, so make sure you read the rules for posting if you haven't, and stick around. I'd like to hear more of your music.

Lynn

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »
Plastik

Seriously nice track, great vibe and vocal is very cool, Guitar work very nice too.

Loved the bonus bit of audio on the very end, Reminds me of when they used to do that on CD's and records and you has to leave it playing silence to hear it.....nice touch, throwback.

Andy

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2019, 05:28:49 PM »
Smooth, atmospheric, eerie. Excellent vocals, very effective. Great effort for your first Soundcloud track. Look forward to hearing more of your stuff

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2019, 12:27:05 AM »
Sorry to be a downer but don't expect reviews until you've taken the time and trouble to listen and review at least 20 songs by others on the forum. What you get back is inversely proportional to what you put in.

M

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2019, 04:58:57 AM »
First on soundcloud, ok...but not your first rodeo I'll bet  ;)

Nice production

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2019, 12:10:14 PM »
First of all welcome to the forum

I just wanted to comment on what Montydog was saying:

Sorry to be a downer but don't expect reviews until you've taken the time and trouble to listen and review at least 20 songs by others on the forum. What you get back is inversely proportional to what you put in.

This forum welcomes new posters and we all know how difficult it can be posting a new song - it is very easy to get caught up in the excitement (or even relief) of posting a first song for public comment/feedback

We also all appreciate how difficult and intimidating it can be to review other people's work

Please take these comments as encouragement to review other people as a way of increasing the number, and quality, of reviews for your own songs

This is a really supportive community and as Alan has said, the more you put in the more you will get out so dive in with some reviewing  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2019, 12:55:53 AM »
Hello

Don't be put off...we're a friendly bunch (honestly! )

Hope to see you around  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2019, 08:46:51 AM »
Impressive stuff, that was cool. I heard Floyd, Jeff Buckley and Radiohead in the melting pot but it’s original too. Nice evolution of the track as it progresses and I liked the contrast of the fast guitars at the end with the laid back percussion. Welcome.
It's all too beautiful.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2019, 03:41:17 PM »
Whato - First of all a huge warm welcome ....Where to start, I like the production and your ideas, it sounds pretty free form, like the others said, I'm picking up Pink Floyd, sounds OK to me. (The floyd was never my bag)

You ask us how to improve, well on a song like this,it's difficult to advise, as you have put a lot of time into and you sure knew what you wanted from it,  sounds a great album track, or you could use parts of it as a bridging section for another song.

I like the song very much, and beautifully delivered.

Hope this helps

Rich

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2019, 04:42:16 PM »
Does the rest of the song come when you flip the vinyl over? Sure feels like it. This sounded ready to launch, artist-wise, but the ending didn´t really sound like one but it sure left me longing for more :D

The Portrait Piano

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2019, 05:01:12 PM »
Hi Plastik Music,

An amazing first song online, sounded like a mixture of Pink Floyd & Mars Volta. I particularly enjoyedthe pitch bends in the beginning. The song seemed to fade out just as I was expecting an explosion but hey, it's your song & perhaps that was the intention.

Law