Charing Cross

• 22 Replies

mikek

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 06:13:42 PM »
I really like this one. It has all the elements of a good song and your production and musicianship is very good. I particularly like the bass guitar work.

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2019, 09:03:24 PM »
Clever song

Makes you think , how many land marks you've walked past and just taken for granted.
Has a real Brit Pop feel.
Love the guitar arrangements...a great listen.

Sandeep

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2019, 11:57:24 PM »
Yes, before I read the other comments I was also thinking “Ray Davies” and “XTC”, which is fine company to keep.
I think this is one of your best Neil. Great upbeat guitars and the lyrics are cool,and the middle section rocks out nicely. Great stuff.
It's all too beautiful.

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2019, 01:55:56 AM »
Luv it   good work laa

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2019, 10:19:32 AM »
Whato @Neil C - Hooky indeed, and carefullt crafted, Love the mid8 chords, and the gtr sounds, BVox too sound tight, just a couple of ideas...maybe use a pick on the bass, it would give it a bit of punch.

The LVox sounded a little laid back for this choppy track, just a tad more balls in the vocal delivery maybe with some female ooh's in the hooks.

Hope this helps Neil

Rich

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2019, 11:13:50 AM »
I really like this Neil. You've got a real songcraft sensibility about your pop. Production is excellent as always. The structure works really well, leading from the verses to the choruses with a nice little run-down and lead in. You also give it a bit of variety in the changes, then during the solo and cleverly take out the instruments for the final verse before building back up again. It's a classy arrangement.

Sometimes I do wish you'd give it a little more welly with your voice, I think it would suit a song like this one. But all in all, it's great. Thanks for posting!

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2019, 05:16:59 AM »
Really nice pop tune Neil :) The lyrics are compelling and well sung. Very well produced and arranged as always  ;) Great solo  :)

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2019, 11:37:27 PM »
i missed this
knockout song neil
love the idea and imagery
vox work great & natural
hear all your influences roll into something else unique
lovely changes ..you serve up dummy turns like a centre forward
great track