Songwriter Forum > The Writing Process

Self doubt

<< < (2/3) > >>

pompeyjazz:
Recording vocals is a huge problem for most of us guys on here so don't worry about it too much. The best scenario is empty house syndrome but that is often a rare beast  :(
Sing your head off whenever and wherever you can. Its very good for you apparently  :)
Well I think that it does give you a high that nothing else could do  :)

Williamjohnsmith:
Yes @pompeyjazz

Another option is findinga small writing studio to rent, they seem quite hard to come by though!

asongman:
William, you're not alone! I think many of us have gone through similar feelings at some point. Especially when still relatively new to songwriting.

The main thing I'll say to you is to remember what stage you're at. You're not signed to a big record label who expect you to produce hit after hit. You're in the practice / improvement / having fun stage. But if sounds like that third part is getting pushed by by the self doubt.

Whole you can actively try and improve your songs by learning new techniques, time and ongoing practice is something which will help you naturally get better over time. It's ok if you feel your songs aren't currently the best. That just means you've more room to improve.

I wouldn't throw out songs. Write them to completion and move on to the next. Keep writing, keep recording. Every half a year or so you can go back to old songs. I bet you'll find ways you can easily improve them as you will have gotten better yourself. :)

MartynRich:
Keep finishing the songs, put them to one side and move on, even if you don’t like them. Come back to them a couple of weeks later and I guarantee you’ll have a new perspective on them.

macker71165:
Y,know what mate am the same only just had the confidence too post minr i have lots of self doubt  about my music keep writing 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version