Looking for a title.

• 1 Replies

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« on: January 22, 2019, 04:36:18 AM »
I've been trying not to start new lyrics.  It hasn't been working.  This one started out as a throwaway that wouldn't lead to anything, then just kept getting more and more workable til I had to finish it. 

I'm looking for a title.  I think I'm looking for a refrain with a nice hook to it also.  Even though it seems overlong, it also seems incomplete.  Not thrilled with the chorus either if someone has some ideas.

"Ours To Destroy"

CHORUS: 
Doesn’t it seem just a little bit odd.   –  When it all goes wrong, we just blame it on God. 
Or we blame it on Satan.  It couldn’t be us.   –  Twas somebody else threw us under the bus. 

VERSE 1. 
This urban nightmare began as a dream,   –  A noble ambition, a stewardship theme.   
The best of intentions can go to extremes. -- Sometimes a great notion is less than it seems 
Visions of progress, and riches untold.  –   We stole from the past and the future was sold.
We’re certain that fortune must favor the bold.  --  A shiny new future grown tarnished and old. 

CHORUS: 
Doesn’t it seem just a little bit odd.   –  When it all goes wrong, we just blame it on God. 
Or we blame it on Satan.  It couldn’t be us.   –  Twas somebody else threw us under the bus. 

VERSE 2. 
Once all the prairies and forests were green.  –   The air was still pure, and the rivers ran clean. 
Improving on nature, was our strategy.  –  In the home of the brave and the land of the free.
Conquer we must, we were born to be great.   –    What we don’t find useful we exterminate.
We take what we need to control our own fate.    –   By the time we are sorry, it’s often too late.   

CHORUS: 

SHORT VERSE TO OUT: 
Fine Sunday words about peace, love, and joy.  – But the words don’t distract us, they’re just a decoy.
God can’t resist us, the earth is our toy.   –  Here is the motto we seem to employ.
“God gave it to  us, so it’s ours to destroy.” 

« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 01:23:24 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2019, 05:27:45 PM »
Hey,

Just a fly-by for now but had a read and couldn't help thinking
"For God Sake" or "For heavens sake" might do nice, keep g that holy spirit but along the "ffs" sentiment of abusing our world.

Very nice read!
Cheers,
Scotr