konalavadome

Cut You Loose - Ashes for Dreams

• 27 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 11:44:41 AM »
Yup, I gotta agree...total perfection :)
With Karen's rich vocal and thought provoking lyrics combined with JB's skill on the guitar and production, it's a win win combo :)
1st listen, the chorus seemed to drag a bit, but then I got used to it and it seems to fit somehow with the faster guitar behind it ???
Great work guys  :)

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2019, 01:39:31 PM »
Great singing, Karen. Love it. Dig the bass and guitar. Cool song. It's pretty flawless in every way.

Lynn

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2019, 03:10:13 PM »
Guys,

You have a great sound, Love the riff and bass turnarounds....Vocals very nice and are a great contrast to the crunch guitars.

Well done.

Sounding great here

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2019, 04:33:36 PM »
Lots of energy in this song.

Love how the guitars and vocals are along side each.

A really dark song, love the lyrics and the Cut you loose chorus bit really stands out.

Great singing and as usual excellent guitars.

A good listen.

Sandeep

The Portrait Piano

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2019, 10:36:11 PM »
Hi Jambrains & MonnoDB,

I was expecting a heavy rock song with the lyrics & intro but was pleasantly surprised with the funky guitar & bass riffs in the chorus. Very clever. The slow down during the bridge really works in adding contrast & I love the line about music keeping you sane 😁 aint that the truth.

The vocals are amazing as they are but whilst listening I had in my head a male rapping along in the background. Food for thought maybe.

Law

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2019, 02:33:40 PM »
Lots of really good stuff here ... great vocals ( reminiscent of the Cranberries?), great guitar work and clever and original lyrics on the common theme. Love the bridge, gives nive variation and builds well.

Excellent, well done

Kevin

Mutrins

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2019, 10:41:50 AM »
Strong production, singing, everything. Very clean production all around.

Love the melody. This has got a sort of Evanescence vibe mixed with a 90s grungy sound, which is super cool!

Great work with this!

Love the melody at "cold hard..."

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2019, 07:00:16 PM »
Thanks @Mutrins ! Going to take advantage of your bump to thank you and everyone else for listening and taking the time to comment. All gratefully received!! Really enjoyed this one and delighted with the feedback and those @Jambrains riffs (and the rest!) are something else!!

K

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2019, 07:35:03 PM »
Hey Jambrains, great to hear you rocking again  :)

I really love the verses on this, they really move the song along at a great pace...fantastic melodies and a great lead into the chorus. I haven´t had the pleasure of hearing MonnoDB yet but she provides a great vocal...although I´d love some more melodies doubled up on that chorus, or even maybe a contra-melody. The guitar in the breakdown is low down and dirty just as I´d expect from you...all in all it truly rocks. Great stuff.

dinnerwithgreedo

• Platinum Album
    • Facebook fanpage
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2019, 11:59:10 PM »
I would say this is a grower.
Great vocal
Love the little guitar licks.

Reminded me of The Smiths for some reason.
Remember.... it's just my opinion. It doesn't make me right. Although i probably am ;)

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2019, 12:33:08 PM »
Hey y'all!

Read the lyrics first, and they're very cool. Comes across almost spoken-word with how they pull the tempo into short patterns - all the more exciting to hear how they'll sound set to music!

Damn really nice, melody on the first line got me straight away, very classy vocal and melody backed up by the deep driving groove of the guitar really creates a powerful, smokey atmosphere.

Great buildup and and momentum management overall, love the powerful entries of lines line "Fragments of you scatter all around".

Not much constructive from me here, great track!

Cheers,
Scott.

macker71165

• Busker
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2019, 05:46:30 PM »
Very nice tune  nice production  and love your vocals

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2019, 06:49:07 PM »
Quality Collab. The performance and production are excellent. Like Adam I felt it could have been a bit faster. I did find the flow of the vocal delivery contrasts well with the instrumentation although slightly at times I was wishing the vocal delivery would be sped up. The drums are top notch.