• 48 Replies

Furry61

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 04:57:14 PM »
So sorry to hear, hopes and prayers and positive thoughts to you all. Geoff

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2019, 06:51:44 AM »
Somewhere in the depths our hearts are all connected.

Hope. Love.

Martin

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2019, 12:26:05 PM »
Hi Vicki, I was just in the car and heard this, and thought of You.

I hope it can bring some peace and sunshine...

Rich

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2019, 01:11:32 PM »
Thank you, Rich @cowparsleyman

It was a good choice to accompany my breakfast of a couple grapes and chunks of melon. Now back to the trenches to see how things are this morning. He's supposed to ready for a regular bed but the powers that be haven't found him one yet. Maybe this morning.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #19 on: January 23, 2019, 05:54:44 PM »
We're out of the ICU and therapy has begun in his hospital bed while we wait to hear when we can get him into intensive therapy at the rehab facility here.

I'm not going to keep posting updates here, but I would be happy to share his caringbridge link with anyone who wishes to receive news of his progress

Oh one last bit. Yesterday he moved his left leg slightly, three times in a row, on request. Such a small thing and I got so excited.

RealKevM

• Platinum Album
    • Soundcloud Real KevM 2
« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2019, 10:27:30 PM »
Thinking of you
Kev

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 11:23:27 PM »
 Thank you @RealKevM !

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2019, 12:21:47 AM »
I still think of you often and wish you and your family luck and courage.  Keep a stiff upper lip, and know that many people here care.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2019, 12:45:54 AM »
Thank you, Verlon. Moral support is surprisingly (to me) important. I regret not being more supportive to others in the past and hope I do better in the future.

Here I am, 200 miles from home, with no good idea when I'll be able to go home again. Living in someone else's apartment with all their stuff. But by myself because whoever lives there is away somewhere. I don't even know who lives there or where they are. (Yes, I have permission to live there) Riding Ubers back and forth every day. Spending most of my time at the rehab center. But getting out some.

And my computer is now broken so I need to brave the bus system (or spend more on Uber) so I can get it fixed so I can keep the bills paid.

This is a really big adventure, especially for someone who is not that into adventure.

Must be an album in this experience....

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2019, 01:27:18 PM »
Thank you, Verlon. Moral support is surprisingly (to me) important. I regret not being more supportive to others in the past and hope I do better in the future.

Here I am, 200 miles from home, with no good idea when I'll be able to go home again. Living in someone else's apartment with all their stuff. But by myself because whoever lives there is away somewhere. I don't even know who lives there or where they are. (Yes, I have permission to live there) Riding Ubers back and forth every day. Spending most of my time at the rehab center. But getting out some.

And my computer is now broken so I need to brave the bus system (or spend more on Uber) so I can get it fixed so I can keep the bills paid.

This is a really big adventure, especially for someone who is not that into adventure.

Must be an album in this experience....

Vicky, that sounds really hard and scary, to be going through this without the comfort and security of being in your own home. How generous of someone to let you stay, though. That's really amazing and I'm sure is really helpful.

I hope you got your computer fixed, and are taking care of yourself. I know you've been a caregiver before, so I hope you remember it's important to take care of you.

I hope you both get to go home soon.

Lynn

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2019, 01:37:11 PM »
We are pulling for you,Vicki.  :)

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2019, 12:53:07 AM »
So sorry to see what has happened, Vickie. I send thoughts of hope for you and your family at a time when strength is needed to face it all. Prayers, faith and music to help you and never give up hope.

Love from
Marrianna x

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2019, 01:21:30 AM »
I'm sorry to see what has happened, Vickie. Stay strong and keep the love of music in your heart to help you through.
Love from Marrianna x

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2019, 04:14:11 AM »
@redrhodie
@Skub
@Marrianna

Thank you for your support!

I am meeting so many Uber drivers! A new experience...using Uber to get around. Taking a bus is much less money, but I have to walk 5 blocks from where I am staying, and it's been kinda cold for that. Plus, I'm having trouble working out the bus schedule....

One Uber driver gave me a guitar.  :o It's an old cheap one from Sears, a Silvertone. It has nylon strings and no truss rod, but it sounds pretty good, actually. To my unprofessional ears, anyway. I checked the neck and it's straight. When I tune it, it stays pretty much tuned for an hour or so at least. So I've been playing in the common area at the rehab place once in awhile. I had to, you know, because the activity calendar has said music at 3:00 pm Wednesday all month, but they've never actually had any. It's been cancelled every week.

Roger keeps getting better, little by little. They have him doing walking exercises. He can't put his full weight on his left leg--it buckles--but they have him hold onto a rail or a walker, and they put an anti gravity harness on him, and away he goes. Slowly. I took a couple videos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/PdSMRjCkUUvvvqjr7.

He still has no movement in his left arm, but he has sensation and we're expecting movement to come eventually. Arms take longer than legs. I have learned a lot about strokes.

I got a really bad headache from stress. I thought I was doing well, managing my stress, but apparently my brain was hiding it from me. After a week of agony, I finally saw a doctor, got a pain-killing shot (about 50% effective, probably), prescription for a muscle relaxer to take at bedtime, and a physical therapy referral--all of which has been helpful--and I feel quite a bit better. I am also planning to take a little more time off than I have been and not feeling guilty when I do. And maybe I'll try to write something.

Thanks again to everyone who's been supportive. It means a lot to me.

Vicki

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2019, 04:45:08 AM »
Wow, amazing video. He looks like he's doing really well. What a great team effort.

Sorry to hear about your headache, but I'm glad you're taking some time off because of it. That was really sweet of the Uber driver to give you the guitar, and that you're able to fill the time slot because of it. Post a video of your set if you can.

Take care,
Lynn