I need you

• 48 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: January 19, 2019, 03:21:07 PM »
Please help me with your prayers, thoughts, or whatever fits in with your beliefs. My husband had a serious stroke yesterday. Whole family is at the hospital waiting to see how he is. He is lucid, knows who we are, where he is and that "Vicki thought I was having a stroke." As for why he is here. I am almost unable to eat. My kids are taking good care of me. I got rest last night. I managed to eat a little. At least one of us is with him all the time. I'm not super coherent so this maybe all makes sense.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 03:45:57 PM »
Sending you love a well wishes Vicki.

Paul

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 04:02:12 PM »
Love and prayers winging their way over the Atlantic

:-*

To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 04:05:01 PM »
Aw Vicki.  :(

One of my bass playing mates had a stroke about 18 months ago and although he's not family,I get a little of how you must be feeling.

Hold on to the positives,that he is alive and lucid.

Look after yourself Vicki,you'll not be much use if you end up ill yourself.

I'll be thinking of you,be strong.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 04:35:46 PM »
Vicki you poor things - thinking of you and sending you all my positive vibes. Take all help offered and try and take care of yourself as you take care of those around you.

Hugs, Karen.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 04:41:36 PM »
Sending you lots of love, Vicki

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 06:32:54 PM »
My thoughts are with you Vicki.
Bill

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2019, 08:17:27 PM »
Stay strong & sending all my good wishes to you all.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2019, 09:07:51 PM »
Thinking of you Vicki. All the best wishes to you and your family.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2019, 11:35:37 PM »
This is a thank you for the moral support. I need every ounce I can get.

For anyone interested in an update, this is what I know.

Stroke was caused by atrial fib condition that we didn't know he had. One chamber of heart quivers instead of beating. Blood pools, clots, get into bloodstream and eventually the brain where it blocks arteries.

Most of the right side has been damaged though not 100%. But a lot of damage. Probably won't regain full use of left side of body. He will make some progress though. He's gone from not recognizing the left side at to being able to point it out and sometimes even move the arm or leg. But not usually and not much. We have a lot of work ahead of us.

Speech and language are good. Speech is slurred but understandable. He knows everyone by name, including people he hasn't seen for awhile.

That's all I can handle reporting right now, but that's pretty much what I know.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2019, 12:00:09 PM »
@CaliaMoko - hang in there Vicky. It’s amazing what can be achieved these days with the right interventions. My thoughts are with you.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2019, 01:58:22 PM »
(((Vicki))) I'm so sorry. I will be thinking about you both, and am sending good vibes your way. If you need someone to vent to, pm me anytime.

Lynn

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2019, 04:17:04 PM »
I'm sorry to hear this Vicki.

Best wishes to you and yours.

May the force be with you all.

Yodasdad.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2019, 09:06:07 AM »
Dear Vicki and Husband, This is a shocking time for you and He, for he knows what's going on, but he may not be able to communicate how he feels so well.

@CaliaMoko - So sorry to hear of your husband, my Father had a stroke too, and it was  awful to see him trapped in there. I know it depends on what damage has been done as to what he can do and understand, but there may be rays of light even so early afterwards...have a friend that works on a stroke ward in a really good hospital in Germany and there is LOTS they can do, I made the mistaken assumption  that he wouldn't wouldn't get any better, I know you'll read up a lot and search the web, and  yes you are right, it's hard work, an an emotional roller coaster. He is still the same bloke, his humour, his likes etc.

You have my moral and musical support, you might find quite a bit of solace in music Vicki, both listening to what others have penned about the same situation and expressing your own.

Keep strong, and I'd be interested to know how you are all getting to grips with it all.

Rich