I need you

• 48 Replies

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #45 on: May 24, 2019, 01:38:12 AM »
Hi Vicki,

That answers some questions, but I have to ask why there isn't a healthcare aid coming in to help?

Well, as it happens, I think there is good news on that topic. Things do not move quickly, and it seems like forever, but I believe we will be getting a home health aide once a week. It isn't final yet, so I suppose something could happen to botch it up (like someone deciding we don't really need it, maybe?) but it does sound pretty likely. So that will take care of one bath/shower a week. Assuming it comes to pass.

And this week, he finally got onto the whirlpool bath schedule at the adult day services center he goes to every Tuesday and Thursday. So that, assuming they remember to keep him on the schedule every week, will take care of another bath a week. I think we can maybe make do with sponging off the rest of the time, unless we have a messy "incident".

Things do keep getting better. And as he gets stronger, it will be easier all around.

By the way, I read through my post (the one before this one) just now and...I didn't realize how much of a rant it was. I guess my pressure was up and I needed to let off a little steam.

I'm finding moral support is very important, too. So thanks for checking in with me. It helps.

Vicki

I think it so nice you have had so many lovely, encouraging messages of support amongst your fellow songwriter friends. To know people, friends and family are thinking of you helps in these terrible situations  and so you can bask in all the comments you have received on this forum.
Being a songwriter who has gone through so much pain and now being a widow is beyond description of how I feel and the sense of loss. Although my posting about what i was/am going through has had many views, i haven't received many wishes, something which  hurt  me and left me wondering how this could be.
Now that I am feeling such loss, I read with gratitude the few wishes i received. I thought they were very kind, but there are people I praised about their songs but have been silent towards me.  It hurts so much but must be the stuff of Social media. You have a charm in your writing, Vickie, which has rewarded you.
I wish you well and things go on improving for you.
with thoughts for you and anyone going through the pain I am going through.
Marrianna xx

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #46 on: May 24, 2019, 07:06:39 PM »
Vickie ..I read some of your rant today and you sounded exhausted. I hope you get the help and break you need.

Today,  the space, that painful emptiness all around me willed me on to, not write a song or poem, but to prepare pots outdoors for planting flowers. I went out and bought some plants and am looking forward to planting them. It seems the person I was has gone and the passion for writing songs and music gone with me.
This is not me and would give anything to have the purpose back in my life which was caring 24/7 for someone I loved. Music I hear hurts, emphasizing my loss. I will plant flowers and watch them grow, bringing new life. That's all I can think of. I was once as exhausted but I am now lost without that feeling. It was proof of love for someone.
I am so sorry for what you are going through.
Marrianna
« Last Edit: May 24, 2019, 07:08:55 PM by Marrianna »

Marrianna

• Platinum Album
« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2019, 11:10:36 AM »
Vickie
Thankyou for your pm.
Take care and  thinking of you.
Keep strong
Marrianna xx

Skub

• Stadium Tour