konalavadome

Memories . (collab. Cazrolina and Flossie)

• 18 Replies

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2019, 11:53:26 AM »
All I can say is WOW! Incredible collab 8)  What a beautifully piano line...so delicate...really lovely Flossie  :)
Beautiful heartfelt lyrics Bin,and so beautifully sung by Caz...amazing :o Gorgeous harmonies :-*
Production is excellent, although I agree that the bass should come in a little later and maybe a little less busy...I like the spareness
starting around 2:45 :-\
On the first listen, the drums didn't sound like they fit, but the more I listened, the more they grew on me  :-\
Absolutely gorgeous song :)

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2019, 03:12:12 PM »
Hi,

This is a lovely collab - the vocals are a particular highlight. I didn't like the drums at all and the bass is too busy but the beauty of the song and performance carry it. Others have pointed out that there is no killer chorus but I say who cares?

Lovely song beautifully sung.

M

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2019, 10:39:22 PM »
Bin appears to be on the missing list (hope he's ok) So I've taken the liberty of doing a remix based on the opinion gathered so far.

I've simplified and lowered the level of the double bass.

Dropped out the drums completely,as I lack the skills/finesse to make anything work and just maybe....that's because the song doesn't need drums?

This link is private,as it's not my gig,so if any of the main folk object,I'll dump the link and no lives were lost.

Have a listen,if you have the time and see what you think.

Davy.

https://soundcloud.com/skub1955/beauty-bin-caz/s-W28sV

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »
Top work Davy. My Festival monster partner is still whipping us all into shape I can tell you for sure  :)