konalavadome

Strangest of Senses

• 18 Replies

The Portrait Piano

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2019, 03:32:34 PM »
Thank you for all of your feedback. I really appreciate you taking the time to listen to my song & write to me.

@cowparsleyman
@LostBoy
@Movin Flavour
@martinswede
@fischermans

Yeah I take the point about music production. It's been a slow progression from my brain to piano jingle, to phone recording and hopefully to proper recording in future when I learn how.

@yodasdad I really appreciate your advice on production tools. I think I'll give Reaper a go, pretty decent price for a full DAW. Any suggestions on what mic to buy?

@Skub you're spot on, I live in crowded London town so can't really let rip with the vocals...

@pompeyjazz @paulyx yeah get told I'm really wordy a lot, some say it's good others not. When I try cutting down the word count though my songs lose their zing...

@adamfarr I really appreciate that. The lyrics just come out, I don't really have a structure in mind. With this one, I just needed to chuck out some strong imagery to convey the contradictory feelings that come with love.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2019, 08:35:06 AM »
@ The Portrait Piano The chord progression in the chorus is exceptionally good. A new recording in a digital audio workstation would lift this to another level. It's such a beautiful gift to write a song of love for anyone!

Paul

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 10:44:59 AM »
@The Portrait Piano I would suggest this advice given by @Boydie on the recording forum is still a good starting point for mics.

http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=15016.msg147283#msg147283

I've used the SEx1 myself for a number of years and while I'm starting to think about upgrading, it's still a cracking mic for the price.

Yodasdad.