Volcano

• 25 Replies

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2019, 05:56:42 PM »
Leo,
Volcano - great title. Indeed a bit different, more moody and dark, which matches the lyrics. really like the trapped feeling of the 3rd verse.
Then for the second verse the, drums make it a bit more upbeat and dancey when the synths come in at 2.11
Cool
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2019, 05:26:14 PM »
Dude

As you know I have listened to this a few times. Very nice, dark in places, that loooooww, cello bass thing. Sounds wicked.

As always, top vocals on this, much to my envy.....

Its a winner here from AtticVibes Land.

MonnoDB

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2019, 07:39:55 PM »
Some lovely lines in this Leo. I like the darkness of the lyrics (surprise surprise!!). Going Volcano concept is really good and original and I really like the ‘I’m better than that..’ line. As always, stunning vocals and really thewhole piece is beautifully put together.  Fab stuff, @LostBoy !

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2019, 09:00:14 PM »
A well crafted song.

As usual excellent vocals and I like the production a lot.

Cool lyrics. Only thing with the song title and the Quavers description, I thought there was going to be a big explosion at the end...... or a large build up of music towards the end of the song.

Whatever I expected.... was still a great song.

Sandeep

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2019, 10:37:15 PM »
@Binladeda thanks very much mate, yeah, the second half was a struggle for me and I’m not sure I got it right, but I just love that arp so much that I didn’t want anything else to distract from that and the vocal.  These days less is more BUT I totally get what you’re saying and I LOVE massive cinematic songs like “Oblivion” by M83. I was also wrestling with the fact that the songs about NOT going Volcano...so maybe throwing everything in the mix at the end would have been a mistake?? Cheers buddy, I value your input!😄🎶👊🏻🎶

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2019, 10:42:40 PM »
@RealKevM @MichaelA @pompeyjazz Thanks very much guys!😄🎶👊🏻🎶

@Skub Nope, no offence taken mate.😄👍🏻and as I’ve mentioned the second half was a bit of a struggle, I loved the arp but wasn’t in love with the patch, tried loads of others but kept coming back to it as it cuts through the mix so well and doesn’t sound weird with my voice. Originally I just had more of the same for the second half, but after a 1000 listens I decided I quite liked it after all! Haha! Only 999 more listens to go for you mate!🤪🤣
Thanks for your honest feedback mate!🎶👊🏻🎶

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2019, 08:29:10 PM »
Ffs Leo! You set the bar ridiculously high and jump over it with such ease.
I agree with @Skub re two-songs-in-one but on the other hand I like the change so...I guees it all comes down to your vision for this.
That said, nothing but praise from me pal!

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2019, 01:55:46 PM »
Hey LostBoy,

Great sound and idea. sound very sensible and artistic.

Well done man!

Thank you for sharing.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2019, 07:58:15 PM »
Amazing star-quality vocals and a great idea for a song. Sounded really excellent. The sort of thing I imagine I'd hear on the radio if I ever listened to the radio  :)

I loved the start and loved the end too...I thought it maybe drifted away from me a little in between...but that's nothing that should concern anyone...I'm not really a contemporary popular music kind of misery-guts!

You should find a route into pop stardom...perhaps by getting a part in a tv show, banging a glamorous celebrity and "reluctantly" selling your story, or winning a talent show judged by people without any. It'd mean having the soul sucked out of you with one of those mini-hoovers they use to collect all the spit when you're having a filling done at the dentists, but think of the money...not the rapid descent into drink and/or drug dependence, obscurity and, ultimately, oblivion.

Better still...stick with us. We all love you  :)

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2019, 09:52:21 PM »
Yeah ! Stick with us Leo  :)
I just watched that film about Bros tonight. Has anybody else watched it ? It's scary, sad and unfortunately very real for those guys. I could not believe that those guys are 50 now and had their hits in 1988

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2019, 02:44:13 PM »
Hi Leo,

My first impression on reading the lyrics is that there are very few rhymes but once I hear to song, this matters less. Still, it loses impact for this. I thought your vocal was superbly delivered and the arrangement/production were absolutely spot on and very modern radio friendly. The song itself is good but it did leave me a little cold which I think is probably a reflection on my musical taste.

Strong piece of work.

M