Walk In To The Fire

• 26 Replies

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2019, 12:31:51 PM »
An epic acoustic rock ballad for sure, the scope of it reminded me of something Oasis might have done, but I'm not suggesting you sound like them. It is just that these epic acoustic numbers are very hard to pull off, and they could do it, but many writers end up producing something cliched and plodding. This, on the other hand, is fresh and inventive.

I really liked it, although like Leo above, I thought the stadium clapping a little odd. That said, I think I will put it on all of my songs now!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2019, 05:46:25 PM »
Mike,
Powerful intro with guitar, sounding great and vocals soaring too.
Neat piano and it builds into a proper power ballad.
Good work
 :)
neil

I get the - 'I then spend hours and hours and days and hours (ask my wife) tweaking, editing, mixing, eq'ing, automating....to try to get it all to fit together and sound somewhere close to authentic.' although not sure I have the patience..
songwriter of no repute..

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2019, 06:28:00 PM »
Occasionally a relatively stripped-back song manages to be ENORMOUS and this is one of those.
Great stuff, I liked the way you left off some of the obvious things you could have done (like big drums) because it doesn't need them.
All thumbs up here.
It's all too beautiful.

Jambrains

• Platinum Album
  • Jim Steinman ftw!
    • Jambrains
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2019, 08:20:25 PM »
This is sooooo good. Great vocals and that acoustic really sets the mode. Very nice build up as it progress and some interesting rhythmical stuff in the first chorus. Loe when the kick comes in. Mix sounds great, full and crispy at the same time. The guitar solo is perhaps a tad to upfront, at least the first note hit my ears a bit.
This is a good song but add to that a really,really good arrangement/production and you have a killer of a song.
I'm not worthy!  ;D

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 01:57:03 PM »
Guitar sound amazing on this record, vocal spot on for the song.

Great work sir!.
Best Regards,
Slava B.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2019, 02:35:21 PM »
Hi,

This is a very strong piece of work indeed. It has that epic, sweeping quality which is very hard to achieve with a relatively simple instrumentation. Excellent singing throughout and I believed every word.

SOTM material.

M

Movin Flavour

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2019, 04:25:17 PM »
I like this acoustic style.

It's raw and polished....so much energy.

Love the lyrics

Great guitars and love the strings around 2.15.

Your singing gets better each time I hear it, live the harmony bits too.

Top track

Sandeep

The Portrait Piano

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2019, 11:02:11 PM »
Hi Yodasdad,

And that's how you make an amazing epic acoustic ballad.
The end & good night. Seriously amazing man. You sure you don't play guitar?

The heavy strumming really sets the intense mood then the piano comes in bringing light to the shade, followed by the heart beat sounding drums building up the tension again. Not sure if it's just me but the slightly flat sounding guitar solo was a great choice in sound. Just a personal preference but I would have liked to hear the piano a bit more during the guitar solo. Maybe a bit of quick chord chiming on the piano to maintain the tension whilst the guitar chills.

Law

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 07:01:36 PM »
My apologies to all who took the time to comment on this that it has taken me so long to respond. I've been trying to find the time to sit down and do this for a while.

@PaulAds

Thanks - Yes I guess doing my own BV's live would be quite tricky now you come to mention it. I must admit that I am just about too young to remember the 70's but as I now work for a trade union, I'm rather familiar with working to rule and overtime ban's.

@Wicked Deeds

Thanks for your observations, I take on board what you're saying about the verses and overall length.

@Skub

Thanks for your kind words - Maybe if I had a face like Justin Beiber I could get somewhere. Then again I'd have no time to write songs then as I'd spend all day punching myself around the head.

@pompeyjazz

Thanks for listening - I'll save the explosion as an add lib on my world tour.

@MonnoDB

Thanks a lot, I know from your stuff you have taste so I shall definitely appreciate these compliments.

@fischermans

Thanks for your honest observations, appreciated.

@LostBoy

Thanks for this, appreciate the comments. I know what you mean about the crowd noise. To be honest, it sounded a lot better and more authentic before soundcloud did it's compression magic on it.

@The Portrait Piano

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

@mikek

Thanks for the lyrical pointers and the offer of guitar, I may well take ou up on that at some point.

@adamfarr

Thanks for listening, if I ever to a remix/record of this I'll certainly take on board those suggestions.

@RealKevM

Cheers, thanks for commenting and complimenting.

@MichaelA

Thanks- although i wouldn't have made the connection to Oasis, I did used to listen to them a fair bit back in the day so I guess something may have rubbed off somewhere.

@Neil C

Thanks man - I don't always have the patience either, usually after one or two songs I have to take a bit of a break for a while.

@PaulyX

Thanks - I'll the the description of ENORMOUS.

@Jambrains

You're deffo worthy mate, thanks. Take on board what you say about the solo, good to have second pair of ears.

@SlavaB

Thanks for your tme and the comment.

@montydog

And yet something you do so well yourself... Thank's for the SOTM mention, I think you subliminally influenced @MonnoDB!

@Movin Flavour

Thanks Sandeep, I thinks theres something about acoustic tracks that's hard to beat sometimes.

@The Portrait Piano

Ah, you commented twice...well double thanks. Like your thoughts about the piano in the solo.

Again, apologies all for not commenting sooner...I did read all of your words as you posted them and they mean a lot.

Yodasdad

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 09:01:09 PM »
Yo Yodasdad.

This is a really nice song, its got a real arcade fire or thirteen sense (Into the fire) vibe. and I love that.

Vocals are great,

For me, I was waiting for it all to come in at the end, but that just my style.

Really nice track, sounds great.

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2019, 03:46:28 AM »
WOW< @Yodasdad  :o What an amazing experiences that was :o I have to agree, and can't really add anything more, to whats already been said about his track :o It's an epic acoustic rock ballad, which isn't easy to pull off, so good on you. 8)
If this was inspired by listening to other acoustic songs, what would you create after listening to an epic electric rock track? :o
Love the lyrics and your vocals are fantastic! Amazing what you can create with just midi/samples and vocals :o This should be on the radio :-*

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2019, 08:35:50 PM »
Hi Yoda!

I love this song. I was going to comment on how the chord progression evolves in such a strong way, then read how you did it on the piano. It makes a lot of sense - it provides a slightly different perspective on putting music together and the result has turned out to be really inventive and powerful.

The chord progression evolves so much I'd love to hear some backing vocals on that chorus, but apart from that I've no complaints at all. Oh wait, yes I do, the next time you need a guitar solo get one of us to do it  ;D It sounds top notch, it's just the principle of the matter  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Well done on a great piece of work.