konalavadome

Lineup FAWM 2019?

• 18 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« on: January 10, 2019, 06:54:57 PM »
It's about three weeks 'til the big bell of Brussels rings. Who's up for FAWM 2019?

Also is anyone really up for songwriting in this just begun year?

All the best,
Martin

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:22:15 PM »
Hi Martin

I think I'll do it again...i haven't written anything for months, except for the collab with John PJazz...so hopefully it will shock me into action.

Are you having a crack at it again?

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 07:30:29 PM »
I think I'll give it a try. Last year the turnout was one great song that I've had lots joy from (not recorded).
My songwriting has been on hold for the last half of a year. Just been playing in cover bands.
I have this feeling that if I just start again the pieces might fall back into place.

Martin

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 07:43:56 PM »
Good man!

If we can get even one good song... It's well worth doing. In fact, it's worth doing even if we write nothing. It's such a unique set of circumstances to be in.

Happy to work together on something if you fancy it!

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 09:05:31 PM »
Can someone give me a quick run down of what this is? Is it a song a day type thing?
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 09:28:48 PM »
Hello Jack

The goal is to write 14 songs in the 28 days of February. Or 29, as the leap-year case may be

It's a little terrifying...but I've done it the last two years running and quite enjoy it.

FAWM = February Album Writing Month

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 09:58:34 PM »
I am writing a hell of a lot lately so will attempt this. Writing can be quick, recording is another thing altogether
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 10:32:13 PM »
FAWM is a fascinating and scary place to be. It's very fast moving and dynamic. I tried it last year and had mixed thoughts. Yes, I failed to produce the required number of songs but it did push me into some unexpected directions and I think I came up with one song that I would consider decent. I won't be joining the party this year but go for it you guys as I will be tuned in. Good luck all  :) :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 11:16:28 PM »
I tried it once a few years ago. I designed an album cover and had all my song titles decided. Even started writing the songs, but I didn't make it. It was fun, though. I doubt I'll tackle it this year. Too many distractions with family and stuff going on.

In a way, it's a kind of super focused songwriting forum. People post their songs every day or two and you try to comment on as many as you can, as well as doing your own writing and posting and getting comments. There are specific challenges such as topics or song titles or whatever to write to. See fawm.org, if you're not familiar with the event. It's intense, but I recommend giving it a try.

Vicki

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 10:29:13 AM »
I think I'll stick to my "February is getting two songs that are hanging around not quite finished out the door month". It does seem the antidote to perfectionism which is good but not for me right now.
For those about to di(v)e (in), I salute you!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »
No intention to take part in FAWM.  I'm fascinated every year when people start to discuss this and think yeah, I could give it a go.  I know that it's an opportunity to write a full new album of songs but in reality, life is way to busy for me to get involved.  I'm happy with my writing output and feel I write better when I choose the time and the place.  I was fortunate to start 2019 with two new compositions that I'm delighted with.  I do wish all participants the very best in this endeavour and look forward to reading about your progress.

Paul

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 01:38:29 PM »
I'm lucky if I can get the opportunity to get vocals done on one song in a month!  :D

If I lived alone,or had my own recording space,I might be tempted to have a go,but I can't ever see that happening.

Good luck to all you high content producers.  8)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 03:47:34 PM »
@Skub : You need a sound booth like Kevin is getting!

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 05:51:41 PM »
This isn’t for me really, I’m trying to learn all of the software that Santa bought me, that’s going to take ages...

Good luck to all brave enough to go for it, let me know if i can help

Rich

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2019, 10:14:24 PM »
Hi again. I'm trying mobile/cell for the first time. Lots of noise from the neighbors but I'll try to hang on. Friday night...
The whole recording and making a song thats ready for spotify is a minor concern for me. It's more about going for an unrefined thought. Making a song out of nothing. Or a nail (that works in Swedish). I don't think more than five percent aim to make 14 songs and over the year turn them into an album.
What breaks me is engaging in another community. So many superb songs and no time to listen to them all. For me it's mostly about getting into the mode/mood. Writing without hesitation or self criticism.

I know time is a rare substance these days, but to just let go is, for me, what it's all about. Forget Februari, forget album and just aim for that litlle place inside your self that wants to break free. Well that's about all the cheers I can give.

Martin