Lets play a game 1962

• 52 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2019, 11:40:58 AM »
@pompeyjazz ....but I did make my own go kart, made out of planks, small push chair wheels at the front, and large 20" bike wheels at the back, thought it would go like a dragster...I pestered my Dad for weeks to get an axle made at work, eventually he came home with the axle,  fixed it with U bolts to the rear, Perfect it was....went round the first bend at about 200mph...both wheels bent the axle, he'd made it from mild steel...crash bang wallop, bruised knees, permanently damaged ego and a sorry sight heaving the damaged ex-dragster up the hill, in tears.

So the moral of this sorry tale is.........

SlavaB

• Open Mic
  • Born to Rock
    • Official Web Site
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2019, 01:43:06 PM »
Hi cowparsleyman,

Well , I could not expect anything else from you... another great sounding track. Really takes back to 1960s, listening to your sound for some reason I see a black and white TV in front of me :P

Keep up with a good work!
Best Regards,
Slava B.

The Portrait Piano

• Busker
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2019, 02:59:11 PM »
Yes Rich I did indeed, a wonderful finishing touch for that added Southern flavour. On an aside, when I'm enjoying a glass of Southern Comfort in the drizzle dreaming of the carnival atmosphere of New Orleans I do wonder if my American counterpart is having a shot of Teachers dreaming about the British April showers...just maybe...

Law

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2019, 08:54:36 AM »
Anyone who can rhyme "boots" and "Dr. Seuss" is alright by me (reminds me of my favourite rhyme ever "successful... like Depeche Mode" from Jay-Z). Though on first listen I did hear "bouncing boobs" which is also good (though that may say more about me).

I would not be against every song having a Twist and Shout moment. Great to hear your experiments with different genres.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2019, 12:22:33 PM »
@The Portrait Piano - That's one of the great things (thangs) about collabs abroad is that one learns a bit more about them, little by little. I never like to intrude since the whole idea is about making music and working together, but occasionally little insights into the other person's life emerge. I've had some surprises with my Korean collabs...

@SlavaB - Thanks Man, I'm watching your progress with great interest...I wish you the very best.

@adamfarr - Well, I have to admit, Cowparsleywoman made the same mistake with mishearing lyrics...I asked Pam if she had bouncing boots, and she said no, they don't have them over in Texas, she made it up, I was so let down, I thought they were special pogo sticking footware, with special soles and clamps and logos and stuff, but no.

@CaliaMoko @redrhodie @crystalsuzy - Did you ever do any pogo sticking? Did you have to wear special shoes?

Regards

Rich

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2019, 12:37:57 PM »
I never did any pogo sticking, but when we were kids we would build ourselves stilts and try to walk around on them. Or maybe Dad built them. The foot pieces were about 6-8 inches off the ground so we didn't have far to fall.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2019, 01:03:46 PM »
Yeah, I had those too, I was hoping the stilts would be higher, while my parents thought they were too high...

We also had the baked bean cans upside down with strings on that we stood on and usually twisted our ankles, whilst crying with laughter...such are kids huh?

not having too far to fall is a great idea for a song Thanks Vicki....still thinking of you both...
« Last Edit: January 23, 2019, 01:07:06 PM by cowparsleyman »

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2019, 01:20:02 PM »
Yup, my dad built us stilts as well, and from what I remember they felt pretty high to me ;D Never used a pogo stick till I had kids of my own!
Almost killed myself on it  ;D they also had these moon shoes that would strap on their shoes and they would bonce around on them  ;D dangerous stuff alright :o but then I remember building my own trampoline out of an old bed spring and mattress...worked pretty good actually ;D again not too far to fall  ;D