The Spring Quest - Board for collaborations

• 5 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« on: February 11, 2019, 11:14:08 AM »
Hi!
This topic is for the competition The Spring Quest.

Post if you're looking for collaboration.

All the best,
Martin

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2019, 06:39:26 PM »
Ok, I´m up for a collab...I´ve got one full song of music without lyrics or melody - it is quite a mix of Doors/rock with a slight quirk to the timing (verse in 6/8, chorus in 4/4). No offences to my other great partners, but someone I haven´t worked with would be a good experience.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:19 AM »
Ok, I´m up for a collab...I´ve got one full song of music without lyrics or melody - it is quite a mix of Doors/rock with a slight quirk to the timing (verse in 6/8, chorus in 4/4). No offences to my other great partners, but someone I haven´t worked with would be a good experience.

Adding lyrics to existing music is my wheelhouse.  I'd have to listen to the music to know whether it would "demand lyrics from me." 

Also, if I know what you were thinking/feeling when you wrote the music and "what it's about" in your own mind, I can tailor lyrics to that. 

It seems unusual, but my best collaborations come through writing to someone else's "theme" or ideas. 

Again, no guarantees I'll be inspired to write lyrics until I hear the music. 

Meanwhile, you can listen at www.reverbnation.com/HTMworksinprogress if you want an idea of the type of lyrics I write.  Each of the first four songs on that site were written to existing music with the lyrics added in last. 

Also, you might send a p.m. to Sterix.  He/she is a very talented lyricist.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2019, 09:57:23 AM »
Hi!

It seems like this topic is working as intended. I had never put any thought into it but felt a need for posting  WorkInProgress recordings. Thanks for showing a smart solution @hardtwistmusic .

Since I write in an unorganized fashion I will not offer to collaborate in songwriting(I might need six months for that), but I'd gladly collaborate in a project with adding vocals (backing, recital, harmony, lead) or lead guitar (lined for vst or the real deal).

Keep on rocking in a somewhat free world!

Martin

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 07:47:20 PM »

I'm mildly confused.  You mentioned a song "without lyrics or melody," but the song you linked to had both.  Are you dissatisfied with the lyrics and melody in that song?  I couldn't find a reason to be dissatisfied with either lyrics or melody in that song. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2019, 09:14:44 PM »

I'm mildly confused.  You mentioned a song "without lyrics or melody," but the song you linked to had both.  Are you dissatisfied with the lyrics and melody in that song?  I couldn't find a reason to be dissatisfied with either lyrics or melody in that song.

Sorry mate, I suddenly got inspired and wrote the whole thing out. I thought I'd let you know but obviously forgot  :-[